“Absolutly Amazing!!!”
Review of Pax Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Pax Guest House
Ranked #1 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Winter Park, Florida
“Absolutly Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from Ireland where we visited our future in-laws and also celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Our final nights were spent in Dingle at the Pax House. Let me tell you, had we known what this place and the people were like we would have extended our time there. To begin with there are 2 things that "make" this place...1) the veiw. The house sits on top of a hill overlooking Dingle Bay and the view from the large porch is stunning to say the least. We spent our "Happy Hours" out there with a drink and getting to know the other guests and watching the sun set. 2) The owner and his "crew" are the second reason this IS the place to stay. Although John would deny it, truly his personality and care for the guest is only matched by his attention to detail. He is constantly thinking of the guests needs and always there to do anything he can to make the stay more pleasent. Not to mention the breakfast he prepares was easily the finest we had on our entire 11 day trip. The rooms are perfect and the amenities are top notch. It would be easy to go on and on about this place but all I will say is that if you plan to visit Dingle (which you should) make it a priority to stay at the Pax Guest House.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay.
1 Thank Bill T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Hebrew first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you only visit one place in Ireland, let it be Dingle. When you visit Dingle, stay at Pax Guest House! I fell in love as soon as I stepped out onto the balcony and took in the panoramic views of this most special place. The breathtaking scenery, coupled with the clean and crisp interior, are only magnified by our most gracious host, John, and his team (Margaret!). There were so many moments when I would step out onto my patio and want to do nothing but take in the views and breathe the clean sea air. We came here for peace, but got so much more. We got serenity, we were invigorated, and we were taken care of so well at Pax.

The breakfast was TO-DIE-FOR! John so meticulously prepared each dish, and even the buffet items were beautiful to look at. It was just perfect. John and Margaret were always around to offer "cup-o-coffe, cup-o-tea?", and I indulged every time. Tea service was adorable and spot on each time!

We were so elated to see that Pax has a very friendly (not annoying at all) dog, Rio, a loveable cat, Molly, and two very domesticated chickens. I personally found a lot of comfort in the animals, as we were missing our own pets back home. Rio played her version of fetch, and Molly was available to pet and sit next to for as long as you like.

While you're in Dingle, there are a couple of must-do's: Slea Head drive, Global Village, and Foxy John's. I had THE best meal of my life at Global Village in small Dingle town - who knew?

I will be back...I have to visit the piece of my heart that I left in Dingle :)

Room Tip: Choose a room downstairs with a patio - its a must!
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend last weekend on recommendation from a friend, I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere like it.The staff are so friendly and the owner personally shows everyone to their rooms and chats to them, he also dropped us down town.The decor, the views and the little touches put it up there with five star hotels.The breakfast was delicious, tasty and a selection to suit all needs.The highlight of our trip to Dingle was this little gem!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Everything the reviewers here say about John and his wonderful place is true.

He's a total pro and has a great staff working with him.

What is more, the view from the house is fantastic and the good old dog and friendly cat just add to the charm. In sum, if you're going to Dingle, stay here. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Blaskett has a wonderful view.
Grasse, France
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We arrived on a sunny afternoon. We felt like we were in HEAVEN! The 180° view!!! We were welcomed with a nice cup of tea with biscuits. Wow yummy!! I don't know if John is a decorator but if he is not, he could become one!! We stayed in one of the new ,renovated bedrooms with a view on Dingle bay. The bed was so comfortable that it was difficult to get out! Oh the breakfasts.... oh my!!! 5 star breakfast with a large choice of fresh fruits, cereals, delicious homemade scones & cream, and each day you may choose for a large choice of omelets, eggs, porridge or pancakes but you also have a special of the day which changes each day! We wished we could have stayed more!
John is a wonderful host ( with his helpers as well!!), doing everything to make you feel at home, gives you the best advice on everything!!!

Room Tip: The new and renovated bedrooms with have a sea view
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Yes, the view is the best--wonderful sea view from one entire side of the house. But everything else was wonderful, too. This is a first rate place from the easy and informative booking communications to the welcome with tea and shortbread and on and on. Our host , John, is charming and helpful and his whole team is focused on customer service. It is a beautiful setting with large rooms, and great breakfasts. The location was perfect for us; quiet but very close to the town so it was easy to get to places to eat, etc. We can't wait to return!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

John was a most gracious host. As the B&B is outside the town he gave us a lift in. We took a taxi back for 7€.
Pax has a large lounge area with extensive sea views. It would be easy to relax in this B&B for a few days.
The breakfast was superb. Equal best (with Bantry House).
The room (Blasket) was pricey even by Dingle standards so would not sure I would return.

Room Tip: The Blasket bathroom does not have a window. The room has a sea view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends