“Fabulous spot, fabulous host, what a find”
Review of Pax Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Pax Guest House
Ranked #2 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Waterford
“Fabulous spot, fabulous host, what a find”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is the nicest B & B I have ever found. From the moment I rang to book John was so helpful and kind and we had the warmest welcome on arrival. Beautiful spot - fabulous rooms, and best breakfast I can remember. Truly didn't want to leave. All the staff were so good and thoughtful and nothing was too much trouble. Adored the art and the atmosphere too, met lovely people whilst there. Thankyou for a gorgeous stay, its a wonderful gem and will be back for sure next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Hebrew first
Markham, Ontario
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It's hard to find more superlatives to add to what others have already said. Pax House is marvelous. The service, the location, the staff, the food (oh, the food) and the welcoming atmosphere. Everything you have read about the excellence of Pax House is true. And the finishing touches are astonishing: the bird cage tea strainer, the egg cozies, the fresh flowers in the room, the high visibility vests (for when you stagger back from town after another fabulous meal), the heated towel racks, Baileys on your final night, and so on, and so on. We stayed 3 nights and are so happy that we did. Thank you John, Margaret, Michelle and everyone else for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a bay view
1 Thank Nell23
Southbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It all starts and ends with the view but Pax House is so much more. John O'Farrell is a welcoming ambassador to Dingle who has created a luxury guest house high above the Dingle Harbor. The rooms and common spaces are spacious, bright, well appointed yet very comfortable. The breakfast is gourmet. I have stayed in many delightful Irish B&Bs and Guest Houses in the past several years but this experience was far above the rest. Price is high but more than worth the value. Truly the best B&B in Ireland! and the VIEWS...!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with view towards the Harbor. Main floor is lovely. Even if you don't...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin O
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from Ireland where we visited our future in-laws and also celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Our final nights were spent in Dingle at the Pax House. Let me tell you, had we known what this place and the people were like we would have extended our time there. To begin with there are 2 things that "make" this place...1) the veiw. The house sits on top of a hill overlooking Dingle Bay and the view from the large porch is stunning to say the least. We spent our "Happy Hours" out there with a drink and getting to know the other guests and watching the sun set. 2) The owner and his "crew" are the second reason this IS the place to stay. Although John would deny it, truly his personality and care for the guest is only matched by his attention to detail. He is constantly thinking of the guests needs and always there to do anything he can to make the stay more pleasent. Not to mention the breakfast he prepares was easily the finest we had on our entire 11 day trip. The rooms are perfect and the amenities are top notch. It would be easy to go on and on about this place but all I will say is that if you plan to visit Dingle (which you should) make it a priority to stay at the Pax Guest House.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay.
1 Thank Bill T
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you only visit one place in Ireland, let it be Dingle. When you visit Dingle, stay at Pax Guest House! I fell in love as soon as I stepped out onto the balcony and took in the panoramic views of this most special place. The breathtaking scenery, coupled with the clean and crisp interior, are only magnified by our most gracious host, John, and his team (Margaret!). There were so many moments when I would step out onto my patio and want to do nothing but take in the views and breathe the clean sea air. We came here for peace, but got so much more. We got serenity, we were invigorated, and we were taken care of so well at Pax.

The breakfast was TO-DIE-FOR! John so meticulously prepared each dish, and even the buffet items were beautiful to look at. It was just perfect. John and Margaret were always around to offer "cup-o-coffe, cup-o-tea?", and I indulged every time. Tea service was adorable and spot on each time!

We were so elated to see that Pax has a very friendly (not annoying at all) dog, Rio, a loveable cat, Molly, and two very domesticated chickens. I personally found a lot of comfort in the animals, as we were missing our own pets back home. Rio played her version of fetch, and Molly was available to pet and sit next to for as long as you like.

While you're in Dingle, there are a couple of must-do's: Slea Head drive, Global Village, and Foxy John's. I had THE best meal of my life at Global Village in small Dingle town - who knew?

I will be back...I have to visit the piece of my heart that I left in Dingle :)

Room Tip: Choose a room downstairs with a patio - its a must!
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend last weekend on recommendation from a friend, I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere like it.The staff are so friendly and the owner personally shows everyone to their rooms and chats to them, he also dropped us down town.The decor, the views and the little touches put it up there with five star hotels.The breakfast was delicious, tasty and a selection to suit all needs.The highlight of our trip to Dingle was this little gem!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Everything the reviewers here say about John and his wonderful place is true.

He's a total pro and has a great staff working with him.

What is more, the view from the house is fantastic and the good old dog and friendly cat just add to the charm. In sum, if you're going to Dingle, stay here. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Blaskett has a wonderful view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple