Pax Guest House
US$316
US$302
Caitins(Cahersiveen)
1,566 results
All reviewsdingle bayteddy bearshost johnreflective veststurn down servicefresh flowersb bturned downan amazing hostirish creamlittle touchessconessitting roomsea view roomviews are spectacularhill overlookingin town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

It's been 9 months almost to the day since my mom & I stayed at Pax House (26th of September 2013 to be exact)...and it's taken me THIS LONG to write my review simply because, as someone who primarily writes for a living, I was concerned no words could not do justice to Pax House. Because this is a slice of Heaven on Earth.

First, the location: are you kidding me??? Ireland is beautiful and the views are spectacular wherever you may go (hello, Ring of Kerry), but the word "panorama" could have been created for the views Pax House offers....the verdant farmlands unfolding, Dingle Bay beyond that, mountains in the distance, and a sweeping view of the town below. Second, the reception: the Irish may be know for their warmth & hospitality, but then there's John. He is in class unto himself. His welcome is warm and genuine...and we were immediately at ease, like being with family after a long time away. (Bonus: he's really handsome, too!). Before you even think about it -- or think to ask -- he's offering suggestions in dining options, recreation opportunities and serving you tea on the patio. Sigh....those views.

The rooms are equally welcoming and come with a few surprises that gild the lily. THEN you wake up to breakfast, the likes of which compare to the finest brunch spreads I've had the fortunate opportunity to enjoy. And the buffet is just the beginning--a la carte orders were ample and all fabulous.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Rio--you're missing a great treat if you don't take the time to "play ball" with Rio (a rescued dog, all the more reason to appreciate John). Playing with Rio, I hadn't laughed that hard or long in quite awhile, because he, um, plays ball quite differently than any dog I've ever had.

I could blather on forever, because this place clearly has my heart and rightly so--I literally dream of it and count the moments until I can return. So do yourselves a favor and stay at Pax House while in Dingle. And if you weren't planning on visiting Dingle, do yourselves another favor and GO (and visit Fungi, while you're there). Otherwise, you'll be missing the opportunity of a lifetime: experiencing a slice of Heaven on Earth.

Room Tip: A view of Dingle Bay is a must!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TheWriteStuff
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Wow was our first impression! Pax is perched on the hill with sweeping views of Dingle bay. We chose to stay in a patio room and just loved it. We stayed here 2 nights, so we had a chance to relax and enjoy the outside deck, drinking coffee and having wine one evening. You are close enough to Dingle Town to walk, although John (an amazing host) is often running like the Energizer bunny dropping off and picking up guests along the road to town (we left a little late from town one night and it had quickly gotten dark). He gives great advice for sightseeing and cooks the breakfasts! Not sure when he sleeps, but I am convinced he is some sort of "Superman". Book early, or you will likely not get a room here!

Room Tip: Patio rooms are on the ground floor with a sliding door and have the best views!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hnymnr68
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I can't imagine going any place else. The view is spectacular! We had one of the rooms with a patio which was lovely in the morning. We had the porridge with the Irish Bailey's cream every morning. Loved John our host. He was so friendly and helpful. Also loved Maggie who brought us breakfast each morning with wonderful Irish cheer. If I could I would give this place six stars.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dchoch
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day trip to Ireland. We enjoyed our whole trip but particularly loved our stay at Pax House. John was fantastic and provided great food, great tips, and fabulous service. I wish we could have stayed longer. The one downside (and it's also an upside) is the location of Pax House. It is about 1 km out of town up a hill. We had a great view but the walk back after dinner can seem long at times. I'm not sure what it would have been like if we had had rain. Nevertheless, John did give rides in to town during and around dinner. I would definitely recommend this place. Fantastic!

Room Tip: We actually had an older unupdated room but loved it. The newer rooms are fantastic, though.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

There is so much beauty in Ireland and Pax House is just the perfect place to sit on the deck and enjoy the view. John and his staff just go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and inviting. The one thing that stood out (besides the beautiful view and beautiful home) was that John and his staff knew you by name. I was very impressed by the professionalism; but mind...that John can be a character too! Lots of fun. Very helpful in planning our day. He made sure we knew where we were going. AND THE BREAKFAST! Oh my....just delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends