“My 2nd Visit - and I wouldn't stay anywhere else!”
Review of Pax Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Pax Guest House
Ranked #2 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 April 2009

I had the good fortune to spend a week at Pax last summer, and when planning my return visit to Ireland this Spring, I knew I couldn't miss an opportunity to stay with John and Rio (the dog) again.

And fortunately, every aspect of Pax was just as I remembered it. The cleanliness and comfort of the rooms (bedroom, lounge and breakfast room) was spot on, and breakfast was as delicious and plentiful as last year. Ooh! Those home-made scones just melt in the mouth!

And John - the very best of hosts! When I had a really bad headache, he brought me a selection of herbal teas and put a hot water bottle in my bed that night. And I observed many kindnesses towards other guests during my stay: one lady had a bad cold, and he rushed to the kitchen to make her a hot lemon and honey drink before she departed. Unfortunately, another guest had scratched their hire car, and I saw John outside trying to help minimise the damage. And there were many other instances, too.

And again, the atmosphere at Pax was lighthearted and fun: guests talking together over breakfast, with John popping in and out of the kitchen talking and sharing anecdotes with everyone. And thanks too, to his young assistant, who hails from Bulgaria (apologies, I didn't ask how to spell his name and dare not attempt a spelling here!), and was another friendly face at breakfast.

And yes, I expect to return to Dingle next year, when I will certainly be booking into Pax House once again. Thank you John, for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarnia G

Reviewed 20 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at Pax House for our honeymoon and we're blown away by the view. You really are not prepared by how beautiful it's going to be! John is a fantastic host and the house dog Rio is a great treat to have around. I will definitely make my way back to Dingle at some point and would not stay at any other B+B Pax House!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gibbiex2
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Everything you read is true - except for the fact that John goes beyond exceptional service. I have never seen such attention to detail. We stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed every minute. The kids immediately found a friend in Rio, and when John wasn't there to walk us to our room, it was Rio who showed the way. This was such a pleasurable stay for us. John had great suggestions for meals and activities. We had no problems driving into town and finding parking, but we chose to walk most days. The walk up the hill was nice, just a little dark if you stay out too late. You will really enjoy staying here...

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank daholmiesclan
Reviewed 9 April 2009

We spent only one night with John and Rio during our trip to Dingle and wished that we could have stayed longer. All of the other reviewers have mentioned the warm and sincerely welcoming John, the wonderfully friendly Rio, the breath taking views, the calming atmosphere, the delicious breakfast, the melt in your mouth scones and coffee on arrival, the spacious rooms, the comfy beds, the thoughtful touches all of which are truly wonderful. We spent a few days in Dingle and stayed in various recommended places but we would put the Pax guest house head and shoulders above them. My boyfriend had to be dragged from the place and he now uses Pax as a yard stick for all places that we have been to since. Do yourself a favour and book in!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ciaracastro
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Your search is over - Pax House is it. Seriously! The view is stellar. The rooms are super clean, very comfortable and nicely decorated. The building is warm & inviting and decorated by John with is personal art collection from around the world. The food is fresh and fabulous. Best of all, it's all delivered by John, the owner with hospitality and care that is unrivaled. There is not one detail about this operation that John has not thought through, prepared for and delivered with class for his guests. Everything is better than it needs to be and yet the price is less than most. It's a no-brainer. 5 Stars.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank KFE123
Reviewed 15 March 2009

The views of Dingle Bay from our room & patio were absolutely amazing!! The B&B was not only cozy & comfortable but the owner John was brilliant!! He took care of our every need & made sure every minute of our stay in Dingle was wonderful. We loved it so much that we'd highly recommend it & plan to stay there again sometime again ourselves!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2009

In October , we travelled to Ireland to visit our son who has been working there for some time. The intention was to spend time with him and to see Ireland at the same time. Dingle was a must-see so we selected a B&B from the Irish B&B guide. however it was full so we decided to try the next place we saw. Pax Guesthouse looked average from outside however "never judge a book etc." The Proprietor was welcoming and helpful,and the view from our rooms was awesome,. Thoughtful touches everywhere, binoculars in each room, fresh flowers, and a veritable art gallery on the walls. Although we three were the only guests, breakfast , in a very charming room, was superb, with ample choices available. Altogether a most fortunate decision to stop.

• Stayed: October 2008