“The penguins will make you want to stay and watch them for hours.....”
Review of Dingle Oceanworld

Dingle Oceanworld
Ranked #3 of 71 things to do in Dingle
More attraction details
Owner description: A large aquarium filled with countless species of marine life.
Ireland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The penguins will make you want to stay and watch them for hours.....”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The price was expensive enough - 13euro - even though you can go in as many times as you want on one day. But watching the penguins made it worthwhile!

Visited June 2011

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Athlone, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Kids enjoyed this”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Had Penguins!!! And a wide range of other sea life.
The staff were friendly and nice

Need I say anymore

Visited February 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Watch out for the wet floor!”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We visited Oceanworld after travelling down from Killarney. It was a normal day, not heavy rain and not a very sunny day. It was busy but not so crowed that we could not enjoy it. We were very impressed with the sharks and sealife on show. Even though we found it a bit expensive to enter we felt it was worth it as our son did have a good time befofe he was injured. However we were not told by the staff member on entry that we could use Oceanworld all day! My young son found the ray's to be great and went back time and time again to see them and to pet them. We were not as impressed with the penguin's as other people on this site. We notices that there was a huge amont of consensation on the tank containing the penguin's and it was pooling/dripping all over the floor. We felt it was a huge health and safety risk. It is very dark in Oceanworld to protect the sealife. My young son went back into the penguin's with my husband and did not see the pool of water on the floor and slipped and fell very hard into one of the fake peice of 'ice'. My husband brought him back to me but i could not see in the dark so I had to take him out, only when we got out did I realise that he had a huge black eye and a huge bump on his head. I asked to speak with a manager. She came over with a cold pack for my son. She took our details and filled in an incident report and said that she was aware of the problem of the water and consensation dripping on the floor. We left 5 minutes later and drove back to Killarney. I later found that my son had huge purple pruises on his hip and leg. We never hear a word from Oceanword regarding this incident. I would never return if this is the way they treat their customors. Hopefully they have solved the problem of the tanks the penguin's are in before another child is baddly injured.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank crystalone
Dublin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“I love this place..”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have visited here several times and always find it very interesting. There's always something new here and the old favoutites are entertaining also. From the sharks, penguins and 2 rare lobsters to the ray that you are allowedto pet, everyone should come here at least once!

Visited August 2011
West Sussex
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great For a Rainy Day”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

When in Dingle view the wether forcast and pick a rainy day and visit the Oceanworld Dingle, the kids will love it.

Visited July 2011