“Small but charming aquarium”
Review of Dingle Oceanworld

Dingle Oceanworld
Ranked #2 of 73 things to do in Dingle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A large aquarium filled with countless species of marine life.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

OUTSTANDING if you have kids. A good way to kill an hour if you're an adult. Nothing like the much larger aquariums in the US, but a nice little local one, worth checking out if you have a few minutes that you'd like to kill.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"sea life"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I visited the Oceanworld aquarium today as a spur-of-the-moment stop, since the road was closed due to the Dingle marathon, and I was pleasantly surprised. As a animal lover, I have visited several large, popular aquariums, and wasn't sure how impressive this one would be due to its size; however, once inside I felt like the size was a very appealing attribute as I was able to actually spend time with each exhibit, and not feel hurried.

I also felt like I learned something at each exhibit, instead of just staring at brightly colored fish I knew very little about.

My favorite exhibit was the large ocean exhibit with the sand tiger sharks, loggerhead turtle, and others. I felt exceptionally close to these animals, even to the point that it was a bit eerie seeing the sharks eye follow you! :) the loggerhead turtle seemed very interested in people. It was very sweet to see children press their noses on the glass, and for the turtle to swim up and and press it's nose on theirs! The children loved it! It seemed far more interactive than most aquariums I've been too, even if it was just coincidence with the animals.

Overall, I'm very glad we stopped. It made for a fun visit. It also was not very time consuming. So if you have an hour or two you would like to fill, it's perfect. Not an all day event.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We visited the aquarium with our four year old and she loved it! The staff here are fantastic...so friendly and cannot do enough to help. The exhibits are very interesting for children and adults alike and the touch tank is a great experience. They have a new kids zone where kids can make giant bubbles, colour, or get their face painted. We spent from 10.30 to 3.30 here. They stamp your hand so you can come and go as you please during the day...a great attraction & excellent value for money.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We didn't have any children with us so maybe that's why we were not excited by our visit. Average exhibits. The penguin enclosure viewing glass was filthy. Nothing had the wow factor.