“Nice”

US$61.76*
Private Tour: Dingle Peninsula from Killarney
Ranked #2 of 73 things to do in Dingle
More attraction details
Owner description: Ancient church built over 1,000 years ago.
Malta
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Nice”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good attraction to view if you are passing in the vicinity. Parked in the free car park and when I went towards the toilets a man from the centre approached me and asked for payment. He told me this site was a payable attraction and would have conned me of my money had I not done my homework. I told him that this is a FREE attraction and will not pay him anything, to which he retreated and asked me to leave from where I entered which I did.

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Texas
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Worth it”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were glad to stopped to visit this site but the directions from our guide book had us on a one lane road full of hedges that scratched our car. (remember in Ireland, hedges aren't cut until October).

Visited June 2014
Midleton, Cork, Ireland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Irelands oldest church”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a truly amazing building, still watertight after about 1200 years! Completely constructed of dry stone in the shape of an upturned boat, it is quite amazing that the structure remains standing in the harsh environment of southwest Ireland. Definitely worth taking time to make the visit.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Worth seeing”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Skip the famine house and bee hive rip offs and visit the Gallarus Oratory. Well preserved and interesting to walk into. Amazingly solid construction. Yes, there is another path to get in which will avoid the 3 euro fee, but if you skip the Famine house or beehive, put that money toward the entrance fee for Gallarus - at least the landowner at Gallarus has provided a nice parking area, bathrooms, gift shop etc.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fascinating Site”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We found this historic site fascinating. The video is really interesting and covers other sites, the staff really friendly and the building itself is fascinating.
Don't miss the upstairs tea room as the scones are yummy!