“Excellant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Carol Cronin Gallery

The Carol Cronin Gallery
Ranked #22 of 73 things to do in Dingle
More attraction details
Owner description: The Carol Cronin Gallery is also a working studio. Visitors can see the original seascape paintings in the gallery, meet the artist and see works in progress.
Arundel, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you go to Dingle you must stop and pop in and see her she is a lovely lady and her art is breathtaking we only popped in for a visit as we had seen her advertised in the little Kerry magazine we went away for a bite of lunch and then came back and ordered one of her prints a lovely memento of our trip to Ireland this year.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sue W
Carol C, Owner at The Carol Cronin Gallery, responded to this review, 27 August 2016
Hi Sue, I must have missed your review somehow ! Thank you so much. Sorry for only getting back to you now. I really appreciate you taking the time to write. It's a fab review and I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit. All the best! Carol

Dallas, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful seascapes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This is a small gallery off Green street for one artist. It is worth seeing. I especially like the blue sea paintings. They are mesmerizing.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Dchoch
Thanks so much for your review! I'm really glad you enjoyed your visit! All the best, Carol
Arvada, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“If you like seascapes, you MUST visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Walking down Green Street we noticed an short alley that ended in a white faced doorway. A sign painted on the wall of a building in the alley said something like "Cronin Art Gallery". Suz likes art so we walked the 50 feet down the alley and walked into a shop of blues/greens/sunlight and beauty. We both fell in love with both the paintings and the artist. Carol is an engaging lovely lady and our planned 15 minute side step ended an hour and a half later. We got post cards as a painting wasn't in our budget at the time and international travel doesn't treat them well. A must see in Dingle!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Dave_in_Cabo
Carol C, Owner at The Carol Cronin Gallery, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dave, thanks so much for that fabulous review. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting yourself and Suz. I'm Delighted you like the work so much and hope all is well where you are. Maybe we'll see you back here in Dingle again sometime soon. : )
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Brilliant capture of sea moods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Carol is a talented artist and a very interesting person to talk to. The exhibition we visited captured the mood and depth of colour in the sea around Dingle. Would definitely have bought a painting if I had more money!

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Mary C
Mary , thanks so much for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the visit! All the best, Carol
Bend, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Work so mesmerizing, it's life imitating art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

We happened on Carol Cronin's gallery in Dingle purely by accident. Her large canvas seascapes are nothing short of astonishing. The brushstrokes are so fine as to seem comprised of single sable hair. The variety of colors in the sea, the Chiaroscuro, and the aerial view that captures the breaking of hundreds of small waves on each other is almost audible. I found her work spellbinding.

As we took the Slea Head Drive around the Dingle Peninsula the following day, we stopped often to take in the extraordinary seascapes. I was struck by how like Carol Cronin's paintings the Atlantic Ocean itself was. There were views that truly seemed to imitate the work of Carol Cronin. Amazing!

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Ideas2Art
This is such a lovely review and I have just seen that it is from 5 years ago and I cant see my response to you anywhere!! Just in case you haven't received it I want to say how much I appreciate what you wrote. Thank you so much. It means a lot to me that you took the time to write such a thoughtful piece about the work. All the best! Carol