“Not catering for families with young kids!!!”

The Boatyard Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 76 Restaurants in Dingle
Price range: US$8 - US$36
Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving the very best of fresh Dingle and Kerry produce, our fish comes straight to us from the local fishing boats and our meats and vegetables come from local farmers in the area. Lobster, Crab Claws, Clams, Prawns, Monkfish, Calamari........ Succulent Steaks, Home-made Burgers, Kerry Lamb, Gluten Free Dishes (including our classic Fish 'n Chips)....... Sinful Desserts.......... A fully Licensed Bar. Enjoy our tasteful nautical decor that celebrates the maritime traditions of Dingle, our fresh bright ambiance with soft cushions and furnishings, and on a special evening, experience the glow of a Dingle Peninsula sunset as it casts its last rays over the harbour.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We tried here early on Saturday night.... my wife, two kids and I. When we asked for a table they asked if we had one booked. We said no and when the manager saw the buggy and two kids she said they were fully booked....even though the place was empty! This carry on sickens me.....they were still half empty a good while later when we passed by that evening.

2  Thank mm0174
There are newer reviews for The Boatyard Restaurant

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Hmm, did we eat here on a bad day?! The fish was disgusting - like mush - not cod, but ? The chips tasted like they came frozen, out of the bag, into the fryer. Compared to other fish and chips we had in Ireland - these were the worst!

My wife does not eat fish so she had chicken with an (inedible, brown mushroom) sauce. Her chicken was still raw.

At least, the staff was friendly and good.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ANYONE.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had the Sea Bass and the Fisherman's Pie. This place was a wonderful stop...very relaxing with great service and delicious food offerings! We would definitely recommend this lovely restaurant if you're strolling around Dingle Town.

1  Thank Travedia
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stopped in this restaurant in the afternoon for a quick lunch. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the service was excellent. I was very happy with my fish dish!
We've met some friends there. They weren't very happy with their dishes. I suppose it depends on what you order. It went very well for me and my partner.

1  Thank Cherievani
Reviewed 24 September 2013

On our 5 night visit to Dingle we ate here 3 times. Lovely location across from Dingle Harbour. The Boat Yard is bright and airy and in nice weather its nice to sit out on the deck. Its a very popular spot and was always busy. I had really wanted to try the scallops but they had run out so I had the fish cakes and they were excellent. 2 large cakes with mild local fish....excellent. We also had the lamb stew and a wonderful salad with baked local goat cheese and both were amazing. Great food, great view and wonderful attentive staff. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank soozireland