Emlagh house is a beautiful country house with spacious well decorated rooms and lovely staff but 4 things let them down so 3 of 5 is a generous review. I notified them by email of my concerns and I was told the b and b was a high standard with great reviews. Not good enough.
1. €140 per night is too expensive when....
2. The eggs fried hard even after being sent back for a 2nd serving, rashers hard as jerky ( we could not eat them ), granola of a poor quality. We did not bother waking up (before 10) for the next day to have breakfast.
3. No tea service in the room and requested not to bring teas/coffees up to the room. This meant after our late night if we wanted tea, we had to have it in the drawing room.
4. We were given drinking water which was reusable glass bottles. Why oh why however was it in the toilet it defeats me?
All said and done the staff are lovely, the house is beautiful but Emlagh needs to listen because we would be reluctant to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emlagh House is a gracious country house located at the entrance to Dingle town overlooking Dingle Bay & harbour. The Kavanagh family, a local family, ensures that all guests enjoy their visit to the beautiful Dingle Peninsula & share their extensive local knowledge with each guest. Grainne & Marion Kavanagh look forward to sharing this wonderful area with you & welcoming you to their multi award winning home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Emlagh Country House Hotel Dingle