“Nice staff bad breakfast ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Emlagh Country House
Ranked #15 of 76 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Emlagh house is a beautiful country house with spacious well decorated rooms and lovely staff but 4 things let them down so 3 of 5 is a generous review. I notified them by email of my concerns and I was told the b and b was a high standard with great reviews. Not good enough.
1. €140 per night is too expensive when....
2. The eggs fried hard even after being sent back for a 2nd serving, rashers hard as jerky ( we could not eat them ), granola of a poor quality. We did not bother waking up (before 10) for the next day to have breakfast.
3. No tea service in the room and requested not to bring teas/coffees up to the room. This meant after our late night if we wanted tea, we had to have it in the drawing room.
4. We were given drinking water which was reusable glass bottles. Why oh why however was it in the toilet it defeats me?
All said and done the staff are lovely, the house is beautiful but Emlagh needs to listen because we would be reluctant to return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank klu1

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My friends and I stayed her for 2 nights a couple of weeks back and we were met with the most kind and helpful staff I've experienced to date. Since this is under the category of B&B's, I wasn't expecting anything too grand but I was amazed by the overall quality of the building, value and location. After travelling throughout Dingle for 2 days, I must say it is the finest building in the finest location. I can't wait to travel back to Dingle and be met with the amazing views in Kerry and how vibrant the atmosphere of the town is.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for one night on a recent trip to Kerry and on arrival the lady in reception was friendly and helpful. Our room was large, bright and spacious with views of the harbour. The bathroom was spacious also and very modern with a separate bath and large shower.The lady at reception recommended a restaurant nearby for our evening meal and booked us a table. The food there was fabulous and we were happy with her recommendation. The next morning we had breakfast in the bright breakfast area. The breakfast was delicious and the service again was of a high standard. Overall, we had a great stay and I would highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed one night here recently during our visit to the Dingle peninsula. Room was very big with a sitting area and the bathroom was also large with all the amenities including a separate shower and big bathtub. There were very nice toiletries included as well as a hairdryer, iron and ironing board. No safe or fridge in the room or tea and coffee making, however there was a lovely lounge downstairs with tea and coffee and biscuits. Our room had a lovely view of the harbour and the house was an easy walk into the main part of town. Breakfast was large and served in a lovely bright dining room overlooking the harbour and grounds of the house. It must have been a rich person's private home at one time and is now a B&B/small inn.
Only negative is that they really shouldn't discourage you from bringing the tea or coffee into your room to enjoy in your own private sitting room.
The decor in the bedroom could use an update as it was somewhat dated, but the rest of the house was very elegant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DesignatedPlanner
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Fabulous house and location, but very sparsely furnished - made sense when I read that the house was sold and contents auctioned off in the last few months. Fair to say that the new owners are only settling in, but there are certainly a few teething problems. The service at breakfast was terrible, only one girl looking after 5-6 tables each morning during the 10 o'clock rush, leading to our order being mixed up and cold toast. Also the tea served at breakfast was the horrible type that I can only imagine as a catering company's own brand tea. Full Irish was small and nothing to write home about. Also didn't like the fact that patrons weren't allowed being tea/coffee from the lounge to their rooms.

Room itself was huge and airy, with massive comfy beds. My only fault with the room was that there was nowhere to use the hairdryer within reach of a mirror...no vanity unit to sit at, no mirror provided in room except over the fireplace, so twice I actually had to sit on the floor to dry my hair without seeing what I was doing. Bulb was gone in the shaving mirror of bathroom. Bathroom products were great though.

When checking out, nobody was manning the reception area, which did not make sense at check out time on a Sunday morning. After loitering around for five minutes, eventually the waitress who had served breakfast took our payment. Met another patron of the guesthouse in the lobby who was said they were disappointed with their stay, and remarked on the same faults I had noticed.

Overall, I would say that this is a property with massive potential, but seems like the new owners will have to pull their socks up to maintain the former glory of the property. Staffing is certainly a problem at breakfast and check in/out time. The house needs more furnishings for sure. Would I return? Probably not.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nmrf
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed Friday night and it was a fabulous experience. Beautiful spotless bedroom and breakfast was a real treat. Fantastic location just a few minutes walk to the hustle and bustle of Dingle town. The house is beautifully presented and the staff were lovely. Would highly recommend and can't wait for a return visit but for longer the next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Having stayed at many many places all over the world I would have to say that Emlagh House is one of my all time favorites. The rooms are sumptious, the staff incredible, the town of Dingle so beautiful....what more can any traveller ask for?
Did I mention the breakfasts? No? Ah.... the scones,the scones.Fireplace? And....I saw the dolphin Fergie From My Window? That one can walk into the ancient town of Dingle and beyond?
If I could return tomorrow to Emlagh House I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Did I mention the library?
Thank you Marian and Grainne for making my stay with you so special.

Room Tip: every room is great