“The Center of Dingle”
Review of Murphy's B & B

Murphy's B & B
Ranked #19 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I spent two wonderful nights at Murphy's B&B in late May. Our room was clean and comfortable with everything we needed. We wanted a centrally located B&B and this is it. On the main street (Strand Street) across from the pier it is the "Face of Dingle" depicted in many Dingle photographs. Please do make the distinction between this Murphy's B&B (the green building) and Murphy's pub next door (the red building). Despite the central location we did not experience any street noise (our window faced an alley) and slept very well. There was ample off street parking behind the building. Both breakfasts were delicious and promptly served. The coffee was good and plentiful.

I think the best part of staying at Murphy's B&B was the owners Michael and Siobhan. I don't expect to be friends with the innkeepers but their friendly, sincere and hands-on manner was wonderful. They were very informative about the area and gave good advice about our plans. Michael was happy to assist us with a telephone call since we did not have an international chip in our mobile phone. Michael or Siobhan were present throughout the day if we needed something or had a question. If Michael wasn't assisting another guest, he was painting or working on another project. We even spoke to him in the pub later in the evening.

We plan to vacation again in Dingle in the future and will certainly be staying here again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel007_8

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked here last minute and were not disappointed.

The location is outstanding. Right on the main street of Dingle. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

Breakfast was very good, well portioned and fresh.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Recently my daughter and I stayed at Murphy's B&B in Dingle. We couldn't have been happier with our choice! Michael is a wonderful host, he made us feel welcome from the first "hello." The room and bathroom were immaculate, we had a view of the main street and harbor, and shops, restaurants and pubs are right there when you step out the door. The breakfast was always perfectly prepared and delicious. I very highly recommend Murphy's B&B!! I'm sure I will be back myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Murphy's was the perfect place for us on our trip around Ireland! We were a mother, son/wife traveling around Ireland and had two rooms booked at Murphy's. We arrived early and our rooms were ready. The place is very clean, very centrally located and a great place to stay. It is very obvious the pride that Michael and Siobhan take in their place. Michael gave us great ideas for pubs, lunch and dinner. There is the drawback of the stairs but Michael is right there to help you with your luggage up and down. I did not find them to be troublesome (I live in a two-story home) but if someone has trouble with stairs, they should be aware. I hope to return some day and would book here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Michael is an excellent and personable host and a very hard worker!-(we were not fortunate enough to meet Siobhan). He helped bring our heavy luggage up the numerous steps and gave us good recommendations for dinner and pubs. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The hearty breakfast was delicious. My only complaint was that there was not enough lighting in the mirror/dresser area (actually none). The steps could be an issue for some.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If I go to Dingle I stay here again. The B&B was clean, comfortable and Mike was very friendly as well as served up a great breakfast.
He offered advice of where to eat and where to have a jar or two and he was spot on with his advice. Had a great meal and a even better trad session in a nearby pub.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter R
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have stayed in this B n B on various occasion in Dingle, and found the rooms large and clean, and the breakfast delicious and wholesome. Mike and Siobhan have always been friendly and helpfull, and I am looking forward to staying again sometime soon, as it's been a while since I stayed in Dingle. Go raibh maith agaibh..........

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple