“Stunning food, stunning room!”
Review of Idas Restaurant

Idas Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 77 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: French, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Innovative, modern Irish cuisine with a keen eye for presentation in heart of Dingle town. Recommended in the Michelin Guide, Top 100 restaurants in Ireland, and top chefs to watch for 2015 by McKenna's Guides. Follow the journey at idasdingle on Instagram.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I visited Ida's a number of times last year when it was in Ballydavid and loved it. It has recently moved to John Street in Dingle town and I love the new location! The room is stunning, bright, spacious and really easy to get to in the middle of the town. The staff and service are excellent and that's before even talking about the food! The food last year was excellent but it was actually spectacular this time around. The attention to detail on the plate is amazing. Sometimes with food that's really technical, flavour can be an afterthought but not here, everything on the plate has a purpose. I had the lobster and pork belly and my boyfriend had the Steak. Love the menu, you can have a really affordable meal or splash out on more expensive dishes like lobster. Starters, desserts and wine won't break the bank either. Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Molly O

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Quite frankly, the minute you enter Ida's, (pronounced 'eye-daws' according to the menu!) you feel right at home. It has a relaxed bistro atmosphere but the food is anything but! It is fine dining at its best.
We ate there last night and I can honestly say that it is one of the best if not THE best meals I have ever had! My curried scallop starter was delicious, with a faux risotto of cauliflower and micro herbs. Delicate, yet subtle and very flavourful. There were other little touches on the plate such as a lime gel and dahl purée which meant there was no need for salt and pepper, it was seasoned to perfection. My boyfriend had mussels in a beer broth, also noting that they were delicious and perfectly cooked.
Next up were the rib eye steak (for the boyf) and a surf and turf of Lobster tail and pork belly for myself. Wow! I don't think I've ever eaten a meal whilst continually shaking my head in disbelief at the explosion of flavours going on in my mouth. I LOVED it. Himself was equally impressed (as was I) with his rib eye! It cut like butter and there were the additional jewels of the slow cooked beef cheek and a homemade black pudding style duxelle on the side. I could go on and on. We each had a glass of white wine and desserts..a creme brûlée and a lemon posset. Both a struggle with how much we'd eaten but gorgeous all the same!
This place is my new favourite place to eat. I suspect they will shoot straight to no.1 on Tripadvisor once people get wind of it!
The service was very attentive without being intrusive.
I wish them every success and at €104.00 for the lot I think it's excellent value. The quality of ingredients and the compassion with which the dishes are put together is wonderful. I'm in awe of the chef's palate....SUCH creativity and the flavour combinations on the plate are just pure genius! My only slight criticism if I was to look for one was that my pork belly could have been hotter, only luke warm unfortunately but considering the rest of the meal this is a only minor detail. Pure class. See you guys very soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Idas has moved from Ballydavid to Dingle town and hasn't left anything behind, the new restaurant and location just means that it's easier to drop in! I ate here with a few friends last night and the meal was really really great! All the dishes served to us were so well executed, I actually couldn't pick out a highlight. Will be back!

4  Thank JoJo F
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I went on holiday with my mother to Dingle, stayed in a gorgeous cottage and Idas was only a short walk away. It was recommended to us by a friend who simply said 'you wont be disappointed'. He was right!! We most certainly did not expect to find what is an absolute gastonomic delight. The ingredients are locally sourced, menu very creative and execution faultless. The setting is gorgeous too, simple and rustic white washed walls, blue accent colour and artwork from local artists (including the chef and his girlfriend). We were only there for a handful of days, but you couldnt keep us away. A hidden gem, could not recommend more highly.

1  Thank EFR_London
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had a wonderful family meal at Ida's over the summer. The food was delicious from start to finish. Imaginative and perfectly executed, a real celebration of the wonderful produce available in West Kerry. Delighted that there is something of this quality available in Ballydavid, one of my favourite spots on the planet. Congratulations!

1  Thank Aoife74