“Star of the Dingle food trail”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Idas Restaurant

Idas Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 78 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Innovative, modern Irish cuisine with a keen eye for presentation in heart of Dingle town. Recommended in the Michelin Guide, Top 100 restaurants in Ireland, and top chefs to watch for 2015 by McKenna's Guides. Follow the journey at idasdingle on Instagram.
Dublin
“Star of the Dingle food trail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

On recommendation from the lady of the house in our B&B we went to check out the newly opened Idas on a busy Friday night. The friendly front of house staff said they'd squeeze us in and that set the scene for a lovely experience. Beautiful seafood (fresh off the boat) and local produce handled with love and a modern twist made it a real fine dining event, and topped off with the nicest chocolate fondant I've had. The star of three days of beautiful food in Dingle.

2 Thank Loveniceholidays

“I want to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Having devoured the 3 amazing courses at Idas last week, and enjoyed every last bit, I'm left wondering how I can wing another trip to Dingle to try the other items on the menu. Everything on the menu looked like something I wanted badly, and going on the evidence of what I did order, I want to try everything,,,,,, soon!

3 Thank IrishTodge
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Excellent food and great service, offers something different with an inventive menu you are unlikely to find elsewhere in Dingle.

2 Thank KirstyGale
Cookstown
“Absolutely Unreal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I am still here now. I have never felt the need to review an eaterie before. This place is way out the far side of amazing.

Gluttony was the deadliest sin I committed. I confess to ordering the ribs for dessert.

Enough rabbiting on here. Go eat here and tell your friends.

Shockingly brillant

Declan Dolan
Belcoo
Co Fermanagh

Ps I know

3 Thank DeckyDolan
Dublin
“Lovely restaurant, delicious food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We ate in Idás last week. It was a wonderful dining experience. The staff were friendly and attentive and had excellent knowledge of the food and drinks menu. As a vegetarian I'm used to being presented with the standard risotto or something with goat's cheese in Irish restaurants but the veggie option here would give Dennis Cotter a run for his money. An outstanding pear and blue cheese salad to start which featured delicious candied walnuts and a port gel bringing the whole dish together. The main course of cauliflower steak with beets and dhal puree and lots of other lovely bits and pieces stole the show. Such a lovely combination of flavours beautifully presented and so nice to feel that as a vegetarian my meal got just as much thought and attention as the meat and fish options. My husband had the scallops to start followed by the hake which he was more than pleased with and the beautiful presentation of the fish had me tempted to try some! Although fairly stuffed after the first two courses (due to over indulgence in the delicious mash...) we felt we had to sample the desserts and we were not disappointed here either - the lemon posset was the perfect mix of citrus and creaminess to end the meal and the creme brulee was also excellent. Unfortunately as the designated driver I didn't get to sample the wine but my other half indulged in one of the many craft beers on offer and a lovely bottle of red. Idás is well worth a visit and is a great example of how seasonal Irish produce can produce elegant and delicious dishes to rival any other world cuisine in the hands of the right chef.

4 Thank AdrienneCollins