“Culinary delight”

Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: French, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Innovative, modern Irish cuisine with a keen eye for presentation in heart of Dingle town. Recommended in the Michelin Guide, Top 100 restaurants in Ireland, and top chefs to watch for 2015 by McKenna's Guides. Follow the journey at idasdingle on Instagram.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Recently had the pleasure of dining at Ida's. From excellent service to delicious food, the experience was delightful. This restaurant is highly recommendable to anyone in search of a new culinary experience in Dingle. Hats off to the very handsome chef.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I had been lucky enough to visit Idas in it's previous incarnation further west on the Dingle Peninsula and it's change in location has only improved this was fabulous . The restaurant itself has a lovely atmosphere with local artwork on the walls and staff who are knowledgeable and friendly, their wine recommendation was perfect and they even sang a happy anniversary song to the table next to us!
The real star of the show is the food. The menu is delicious with local produce and flavours that are in unusual combinations! I had a starter of salted fish and scotch quails egg which was amazing. My main course of scallops and pork was delicious and dessert was a chocolate fondant to die for. The inspiring thing about these meals is how each element on the plate has been carefully selected to compliment and enhance each others flavours.
All in all one of the best meals I have had in a long time. Do not miss out!

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I have had dinner here three times in the past two months and each time I've been completely blown away. Such delicious food where everything works so well together. You can see that so much thought has been put into the flavour combinations and it works! Favourites are the monkfish starter, the steak and the creme brûlée, just delicious!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The vegetarian options sounded amazing so that's what I had. The pear, walnut and crozier blue salad was let down by the pears which were not soft enough and tasteless. The candied walnuts were amazing.
The cauliflower steak is just a cross section of cauliflower steak roasted. I dont know what I was expecting but it wasn't that. The Dahl is in tiny dots on the plate. Again I was expecting more. Over all though it was delicious.
The creme caramel - OMG - it was amazing!
The short ribs were the dish of the night though. Incredible flavour.
I dont like being referred to as guys. It was all how are you guys doing etc from one waiter. This is not america, he was Irish, I am not a guy.
I would go back next time I'm in Kerry.

3  Thank sarahc11
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The food here combines traditional Irish produce with some imaginative twists - starters of scallops with pig's cheeks and mussels in ale broth taken from their shells and served in a glass being perfect examples : quirky, but delicious. The dishes were impeccably prepared and service was friendly and efficient. The wine recommended to us by the waiter, a dry white from the Pays D'Oc, was superb, and good value.

One thing we particularly liked about Idás was the half-way option on the menu, which they describe as being larger than a starter but smaller than a main course. In fact, we found those dishes to be ideal main-course size (for us) particularly when accompanied by a generous side portion of (beautifully cooked) vegetables. The main courses we saw being dispatched to other tables were enormous.

They weren't advertising an 'early bird' menu which is possibly why the restaurant was empty when we arrived at 6.30pm, although it filled up very quickly thereafter. Missing a trick perhaps? Even so, we felt our meal for a Saturday night in high season was reasonable value.

2  Thank Bianconero_59