“very pleasant”

Ranked #48 of 71 Restaurants in Dingle
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had the place to ourselves, sat by the window overlooking the stream that runs next to the restaurant. Food was quite good. This is not a "pub food" place, it is a contemporary menu. After dinner my husband and I sat by the wood stove and had a very pleasant chat with our server. She was so friendly. We will be going back here.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We went in October, not a busy time, but there were several tables eating. The menu gave a good choice- we were tempted by several options, and nearly didn't have the 'early bird'. The prices weren't that different. My wife had hake, which was a large portion and which she enjoyed. I had a rump steak (+4 euros) which was substantial, tender, and delicious - I'd have this any day! The chowder starter was also very good and recommended.
Service was friendly and efficient, and we both agree we will eat here again on our next visit.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

As a group of four people eating here, we found the food expensive for small portions, not authentic at all. One of our party ordered risotto, and was given boiled watery rice with mushrooms!!!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The restaurant is on a lovely site, and is in a gorgeous building. The food was very tasty. But the portions were small. I had hake, which I love, having ordered it in another restaurant in town only a few days before. It tasted as good here, but there was much less of it! Dessert was better. The wine was good, but again, it was a small measure charged at the regular price.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We visited this restaurant on the 7th September, after being drawn by its clean and bright appearance from the outside. Unfortunately the appearance is the only positive we took from the experience.
The starters, deep fried brie and filo prawns were straight out of a packet. The mains, duck was seriously fatty, risotto was a savory rice pudding. We didn't bother with dessert.
The service was pretty sloppy and unorganized. I don't see the fault with the waitresses as they seem pretty inexperienced, but there was a lack of management out front. The floor staff can't be expected to work efficiently without any supervision or basic training.
Oh, and they don't serve beer.