“Nice Restaurant good value.”
Review of The Old Smokehouse

The Old Smokehouse
Ranked #59 of 78 Restaurants in Dingle
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Galway, Ireland
“Nice Restaurant good value.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My girlfriend and I eat in the restaurant when we stayed in Dingle, it was the best value in the area and good quality, many of the restaurants in Dingle are way overpriced. Nice central location with a bright airy feel.

• Visited July 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful Food & Lovely Staff”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I ate here with my boyfriend Easter weekend (last Saturday night). We had arrived in Dingle that day and we didn't have a restaurant booked in advance for that night (a lot of restaurants were booked out!). We came across this gorgeous little restaurant on the corner at the end of the Main Street beside the river. They seated us straight away. I ordered deep fried brie to start and my main was salmon in filo pastry - delish! My boyfriend had the chowder soup and the duck for his main and we shared a beautiful bottle of white wine. The only disappointing thing was that we were both too full to try any of the desserts!!! The service was great and very efficient. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and I will certainly revisit when I return to Dingle!

Cork, Ireland
“Excellent staff”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Ate there last night food was good it was what it said on the tin tasty and decent portions, very reasonable prices and you got what you paid for but the lasy waiting the table was fantastic she was very efficent, warm and friendly, she did all she could to make the evening plesant.

Naples, Italy
“Nice restaurant and friendly service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We are a family of four (two kids 10 and 12yo) and our kids eat like true adults, no kids menus here. My son had the Hake and it was fresh, a nice sized portion, and delicious. My husband and I had the seafood chowder and it was fantastic. It was filled with large chunks of fresh fish, shrimp, and mussels. The flavor was fantastic and we both enjoyed it. My daughter had the entree Caesars salad with chicken and she loved it. She said the chicken was moist and the dressing was perfect. Our waitress was working by herself and did a great job covering all the tables.

“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Old Smoke House used be a great place to dine in Dingle, my parents and other family all rated it highly(we are regular visitors each summer) - but after the last time we went there I will never go again. Service is poor, waiting staff arn't experienced. I made the mistake of ordering french onion soup. Submerged under my soup was what I can only describe as vile. A slice of bread roll with congealed cheese stuck to it (hard at the edges) I physically could not eat it and when I complained I was told "I will tell the chef" - no other explination offered. My partner ordered seafood chowder- never before have we seen seafood chowder to have chunks of ham and carrots floating in it. Very little fish but pleanty of cheaper ham and veg. The main was better - while small the steak was very nice. We had a small dish of undercooked veg to share between us. So along side the steak we had maybe 3 or 4 pieces of carrots and brocolli and a small serving of potato. For the price we paid the quality of food was absolutely shocking when asked if I enjoyed it while paying I said "not really" and the waitress shurgged her shoulders. We will never frequent this restaurant again which is a pity as it used be very nice - I believe it is under new ownership though.

Visited May 2013