“breakfast was interesting x”

Dingle Marina Lodge
Ranked #22 of 76 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Never had a quarter of an uncooked tomato in a cooked! Breakfast. Could do with a really good deal clean everywhere. I'm not saying don't go but we were slightly disappointed especially with breakfast.

Room Tip: Our room had a wardrobe but our friends didn't and their room was smaller.
2  Thank EssexMarian

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We booked a one night stay for 17th of August and had a call from the B&B the Wednesday to confirm our stay, which we did. Imagine our surprise then to arrive at 5:30pm to be told that our room had been cancelled.

The lady who spoke to us, only via intercom, could not be less helpful or more rude as we queried what we were to do having travelled all day only to find no place to stay. We were informed that this was not her fault as she "didn't scratch our name out, someone else did". Before she hung up on us.

This threatened to ruin our stay in Dingle, Avoid this place.

4  Thank David H
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was a last-minute Irish adventure for some friends and myself to have a quick trip to the West Coast of Ireland. We arrived in Dingle and the town was packed, kind of in the same way that Mary and Joseph would have found in Bethlehem on 24 Dec AD0000. I tried to book a room on a website using my phone, and thought I had been successful, but then a few minutes later Dawn called to tell me that the room had gone to a walk-in before they had chance to update the site. BUT, Dawn then promised she would phone around and find us another place to stay in Dingle.

Being a group of three blokes, this is a awkward size group to try and accommodate, and we started to worry about finding somewhere, and by now we were over the legal alcohol limit for driving, so we were pretty much stuck in Dingle!. 20 minutes later, Dawn phoned back and said that she felt so bad about cancelling on us that she had moved things around, moved a single bed into another room and could accommodate us after all - AND, she would throw in breakfast for free for causing us the worry! What an absolute legend!

The place itself was very clean and comfortable, and all the staff were jolly and cordial at all times. The breakfast was excellent and even though one of my friends came back quite drunk from town and fell asleep on a sofa, they took this with good humour and simply helped him find our room. An excellent place and I will try very hard to stay there again, next time I am in Dingle. Thank you Dawn!

Room Tip: Don't book last-minute while semi-drunk...
2  Thank BombDr
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A big thank you to Marina Lodge for their support to us on our Round Ireland Challenge. The Marina Lodge is right beside the marina, a great location for boaters and those wishing to be right beside the town centre. We were made very welcome, the rooms were excellent and the breakfast superb.

Room Tip: If you are arriving at Dingle by boat this is a close to the Marina as you can get.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pjenks140
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Dingle Marina Lodge and they don't disappoint. Dawn, the manager is a delight and very helpful and knowledgeable regarding any information you may need on the area. I travel alone and have always had the single room next to the front desk; it feels like my room now. The room is quite large as is the bath. The shower in the bath has to be the best power shower in Ireland! I wish I had one like it at home. Everything about the room was very clean and comfortable; there is a fridge and computer located in the lounge for the guests to use. Another thing I liked was, although attentive when you need them, the staff let you maintain your privacy and you don't feel like your in a stuffy mom and pop with someone watching your every move; your free to come and go as you like without being afraid your going to disturb someone else. Dingle Marina Lodge is conveniently located across from the marina where all the boat tours leave from; you can purchase your tickets for the tours at the little shop there; they also sell snacks, ice cream and coffee. Dingle Marina Lodge is delightful and I look forward to staying with them again when in Dingle Town.

Room Tip: The price they charge per night is comparable to any other B&B in Dingle; especially for the loc...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan W
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I asked for four nights here: they said yes, but they would have to move me to another room for the fourth night. Then, on the third day of the stay, while paying for four nights, almost as an afterthought I was told I could no longer stay for a fourth night as there was a hen party coming to the hotel. So all my plans for the fourth day had to be put on hold, as finding a hotel would be priority and the whole town seemed to be booked up. This totally ruined my itinerary for the last day in Dingle.

Added to this, as others have commented on the site, you do not get service with a smile here at all. The two girls running the day to day business of the hotel were not that nice and their speciality seems to be to 'blank' guests they look down on. Not only was there no apology over the room error, the girl at the counter could not really be bothered to help me out, and seemed to just want me out of the way.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ken A
dawnuicathain, Owner at Dingle Marina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

We appreciate the guest sending a review via Trip Advisor. It is very unfortunate that we could not accommodate the guest for the fourth day of his stay in Dingle. The group that were staying on the night described had booked last Feburary and we tried to see if we could find accommodation for the guest close by but as it was a Saturday night it was impossible. The staff at the lodge could not do anymore under the circumstances as the guests who have prebooked take priority.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

It's too bad when you see potential in a B & B that is just not up to standard. Dingle Marina is in a good location, short walk to town. The rooms are sized okay but the furniture and bed were terrible. the bath offered the bare minimum. Linens and towel must have been designed to exfoliate your skin. Breakfast was not included in the room rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends