“Terrible Customer Service”

and 1 more site!
Dingle Bay Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I did not actually get to stay at this hotel but I really wanted to vent about my experience with them. I did not book online initially since they did not seem to have any twin rooms which is what we wanted. I sent an email to them with an inquiry about that with the September dates I was interested in. I received a prompt reply telling me that they did have a few twin rooms and had availability for my dates with a price quote. I replied immediately, asking if I should book with her by email or should I just book online, etc. No answer. I sent another email a few days later. No answer. Finally after 5 days I checked their site and found that they were all booked up for my dates. They couldn't spend one minute sending me an email telling me they were sorry that they were all booked now? Did that happen in the 2 hours between their email to me and my reply? I wound up really having to scramble to find any rooms at all. I had wasted 5 days waiting for a reply that never came, while the whole town was getting booked up. Really poor customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank NancyinNJ
SarahBIreland, Owner at Dingle Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Good Afternoon Nancy ,
Having checked our emails we received your email on the 2nd of May in which you requested confirmation of the rate for your two night stay. A prompt reply was sent confirming rate and advising you to telephone or email credit card details. The next email from you was on the 6th of May saying you didn't receive a reply. We replied sending you a copy of the email we sent on the 2nd of May. No further communication or credit card details were received so presumed alternative arrangements had been made. We pride ourselves on our customer service as shown on previous reviews and it's disappointing that the replies we forwarded were not received by you.

Warm regards,
Sarah Brosnan
Owner
Dingle Bay Hotel

There are newer reviews for Dingle Bay Hotel

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here two weeks ago for my sisters hen party, the staff at Dingle Bay Hotel were more than accommodating, had everything organised for us with rooms even though we were checking in early. It was a large group of 25. We had a three course meal there that evening and the food was outstanding, the staff didn't interrupt while we were doing the usual hen party stories/memories etc. Answered any questions we had about the night ahead. The rooms were lovely, good size and most had lovely views. The breakfast menu the following morning was excellent, great, different choices than just your standard hotel breakfast menu. I would definitely stay here again for a weekend away and recommend it no matter what your trip away is. Located perfectly in Dingle everything is in walking distance!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kerri F
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a very spacious & quiet room on 2nd floor that had sky lights in bedroom & bathroom. If you'd like, there are screens to block the sky lights. Short easy walk to restaurants, Main street area. Pub attached us great, live music. We couldn't hear ar from our room so best of both worlds. I had originally tried to book a higher ranked hotel in Dingle based on tripadvisor; there was no availability. In retrospect, the was the best decision because staying outside of the quain town wouldn't have given me the same experience. Our room was clean, quiet even though 2 large groups of young adults there. Not a peep.
Will go back. If you drive there, take route that s south thru Inch beach--worth it.

2  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a great stay at the Dingle Bay Hotel. Dingle is a small town and this hotel was located right in the middle of it, so we were able to park our car and not use it until we checked out the next day. The hotel was a little on the expensive side (compared to our other hotels in Ireland), but this may have been the case the hotels were generally more expensive in Dingle, I didn't really price compare.

The rooms were a little dated, but clean and had everything you needed (WiFi, etc). The staff were very friendly and gave us a great dinner recommendation. The best part of the stay was the included breakfast. It was made to order and delicious. Overall, very happy with my stay at the hotel.

1  Thank robinson1220
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The best thing about Dingle Bay is its location. Right across from the pier and steps from great pubs, restaurants, etc. The staff were friendly and very helpful--booking tee times, restaurant recommendations, etc.--and our room (121) was quite spacious and clean, complete with skylights. We'd definitely stay here again and plan on doing so . . . in about five years time :O(

Room Tip: Our friends had a smaller room with only one window. As mentioned, we stayed in Room 121 and loved i...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were a group of 5 adults, staying in 3 rooms. The rooms were very big and the staff excellent. Location was great and there was free parking. We had lunch in the bar which was really good. On the negative side - We all found the beds too warm and didn't have a brilliant sleep.The music in the bar at night wasn't great either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rthom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few days ago. The staff are really lovely, room was very spacious, and spotlessly clean. Lounge very spacious with tv, and the rest rooms were immaculate. It is right in the middle of the town, with lovely sea views. Would highly recommend it.

1  Thank katiesnana