“Wonderful in so many ways!”
Review of Castlewood House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dingle
Castlewood House
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Reviewed 18 February 2014

From the moment we arrived and were welcomed by Brian to the moment we left, Castlewood guesthouse could not have been more perfect.

We were lucky enough to get a last minute booking and it wasn't until we checked in that we realised quite how lucky! The house was immaculate, the room unbelievable and the staff so welcoming that it was almost like going home for the weekend! Brian was very helpful and recommended some fabulous places to eat, drink and be merry all of which we enjoyed and all after an AMAZING breakfast to set us in good stead for the day!

We will definitely be going back to Castlewood and will probably take some friends with us! Thanks again to all the Castlewood gang!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lawrence G

Reviewed 18 February 2014

While traveling through Ireland with my wife we had the pleasure of staying at several B& B and several Castles. Staying at Castlewood House was truly one of the most pleasurable stays we enjoyed. Dingle has long been well supplied with pubs so there is plenty to keep you busy while staying at Castlewood. The lodging was as clean and well kept as any we found in Ireland. Castlewood is well located for walking around Dingle. We will look forward too returning to this charming small hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ozarklandman
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Everyone has already raved about this place but I have to add my comments. Literally not a spec of dust in the entire house. Warm, cozy and so friendly. My favorite memory of Ireland was in Dingle. Friendly people, good food and so clean and picturesque. We went in October but I am still thinking about our trip to Dingle.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had the great pleasure of staying here for 4 nights while traveling through Ireland by myself. It was truly one of the greatest hospitality experiences I have ever had. The room and common areas are filled with gorgeous details, I enjoyed just spending time reading in lovely chairs by the windows. The location is just a short walk along the water from the many lovely restaurants and pubs (John Benny's for music) in Dingle. But it was the kindness of Helen and Nick that made it so very special. They were generous with their time making sure I had any travel information I needed and made me feel like I was part of their family for a few days. The breakfasts were unbelievable. Brian insisted on giving me a ride to the bus stop at 6 am on a Sunday morning, I mean, who does that any more? Very kind. I wish Dingle were closer to Chicago so I could stay here again but I plan on returning some day. Very special.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed three nights with my two adult daughters this past October. Our room was beautiful and very spacious with one queen bed and one twin. We had plenty of room to spread out and feel comfortable and pampered. Brian and Helen are professionals and designed Castlewood House as the perfect Bed & Breakfast experience. The house is gorgeous inside, beautifully decorated and perfectly kept. The food is amazing! Brian's Warm Bread & Butter Pudding was my morning favorite. My daughter fell in love with the Porridge topped with Bailey's. Castlewood House is amazing in every detail and deserves every award given. Thank you Brian & Helen for welcoming us and making our stay at Castlewood House our favorite place in Ireland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cmp618
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I spent one night in Dingle at Castlewood. It was great. We were welcomed graciously and shown our room, which was massive, clean and comfortable-felt like we were staying in a 5 star hotel. We arrived early afternoon and were able to get some tips from Brian prior to heading out Slea Head drive (which was breath-taking, a must do!). Castlewood was the best place for us to rest during a hectic tour through Ireland. And breakfast was also great. We stayed at 5 different place during our time in Ireland, and Castlewood was by far our favorite!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank shivie28
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Beautiful house with great view. We walked into Dingle with no problem (although it is not a close walk, it is very pleasant). Comfortable bed and huge bathroom. Wireless internet worked well. Breakfasts were divine! Pancakes and salmon eggs Benedict were our favorites. Hosts were lovely and very helpful. Highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple