“The best!”
Review of Castlewood House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dingle
Castlewood House
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
Key West FL
“The best!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Castlewood is more like a tiny boutique hotel than your usual B&B. The lovely rooms are overlooking the harbor, it's right on the road into town and a short walk to many restaurants and pubs. Years ago, my sister stayed in town and it was noisy, she loved the quietness here. You can get nice local beer and wine delivered to your room. The bathrooms are superb. Helen and Brian were very helpful with driving suggestions, directions, restaurants, also fixed some eyeglasses and a faulty adaptor for us. I saved the best for last, the breakfast just blew me away, so good, be sure to try the bread and butter pudding!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Fran D
castlewoodhouse, Owner at Castlewood House, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Reading your review makes us so proud that we are ‘getting it right’. Thank you so much for your kind comments, everyone here is delighted.
-Helen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for one night. So sorry we were unable to spend more time there. It truly is the best BB we have ever stayed in, pure luxury and the breakfast was amazing. Magnificent food.Will definitely make a return visit. Alice

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Alice C
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Fantastic B & B, walking distance from centre of Dingle. Lovely staff, very knowledgeable and helpful. Bedrooms very clean and comfortable. Definitely the best breakfast we have ever had in a B&B breakfast anywhere!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Eithne2014
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have stayed in some nice hotels and B&Bs, but Castlewood House was a step above any of them. The decor is very elegant and the service is excellent. I was met by Brian at the front desk and he gave me a nice welcome and showed me to my room. He was very willing to help with anything I needed. I was more than happy with my room. It was of good size, well decorated, with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was roomy and clean and even had a towel warming rack in it. As good as the decor of the home and the rooms are, breakfast is the highlight. The service was great and the Eggs Benedict was fantastic! The location of Castlewood House is convenient but far enough away from town center to be quiet at night. It is just past the town (heading toward Slea Head Drive), about a five minute walk along the water to the center of town. I injured a leg earlier in my trip, yet had no problem going back and forth into town. There is a sidewalk all the way and at closing time at night it was a very quiet pleasant walk. If you are driving, there is adequate off-street parking right in front of the building. I can't more highly recommend Castlewood House.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
castlewoodhouse, Owner at Castlewood House, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this great review on your recent stay at our house. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back to Dingle soon.
-Helen & Brian.
North Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Large, Elegant and Comfortable rooms! Brian's breakfast was truly a highlight of our stay. Attentive and helpful staff made us feel very much at home. Dingle truly was the highlight of our week long Ireland vacation and Castlewood House was Simply Amazing!

One Dingle travel tip - Climb to the top of the hill across from Castlewood to the Eask Tower. You will be rewarded with an awesome panorama of the dingle peninsula. Absolutely breathtaking!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Delighted you felt so much at home, and that Dingle made such an impression. Don’t leave it too long before you come back! Thank you.
Helen & Brian.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Castlewood House and in Dingle. The bedroom was large, elegant and spacious. Upon check in the staff was very helpful in recommending things to do and for several restaurants in town. Brian cooked a terrific breakfast. I really liked the starters and the omelet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan L
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay, it is much appreciated. Brian is thrilled you enjoyed our breakfast so much. See you soon again I hope.
-Helen.
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Tripadvisor Award Winning Guesthouse/B&B. Our third stay in 3 years with Brian and Helen and they continue to impress! Fantastic room overlooking the bay and a superb breakfast with warm and welcoming staff make this guesthouse my favorite stay anywhere in the world. A ten minute walk brings you to the heart of Dingle with great seafood restaurants and amazing traditional pubs. Do not miss a stay here if you come to Ireland. I promise you will fall in love with the Castlewood too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
It is so encouraging to see our guests return year after year as it indicates to Brian and I that we are getting it right. Thank you so much for your kind comments.
-Helen.