“Peaceful”
Review of Rainbow Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Rainbow Hostel
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I can't compare this hostel with another other in the area, but from my experience, it's great place to base yourself for a few days, while exploring Dingle.

The staff were very helpful rearranging rooms to accommodate the large group. The place was full, but none of the rooms appeared overcrowded, there were plenty of space in the kitchen and an endless stream of hot water.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brindle74

Reviewed 22 December 2011

This was my first experience of a hostel and to be honest I was a little apprehensive.... but I need not have worried.

The room was warm, the bed comfortable and the atmosphere really welcoming. It felt like visiting friends - even the large group of students who claimed to be noisy were in fact rather quiet.

Its about a 20 minute stroll into Dingle centre which is nothing really (but do bring a torch if you expect to be walking at night because there is no street lighting outside the town) and a short €6 taxi ride back if you have been enjoying the nightlife (and who can't fail to enjoy that).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kev26
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This place is about 1.5km from dingle town centre (and only about 300m from the best climbing wall in Ireland if you're into that type of thing).

I have now been her twice, first with a bunch of scouts and just now with my wife, baby and dog. On both occasions it has been a pleasure. The large kitchen is well equipped, the room are warm and the warden was friendly and helpful. The piano is a nice touch but could do with a tune up.

Room Tip: Probably best to avoid the dorm off the kitchen unless you are going out in town and plan to stay up...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank MickMoore
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I came here in June 2011 with a group of 10 friends to go out in Dingle for the night. It was very easy to find, and taxi fares were cheap as it is only a short drive. We stayed in the 12-bed room and it was very basic, but did the job. The owners were very friendly, and accommodating, even when we made a small bit of noise coming back in that night!! The kitchen is spacious and has everything you need. It is definitely not too far from town, some of my friends walked it in 15minutes. The only thing I would say is that there was a cat in the house, which we felt was unhygienic. Also, we had to vacate the premises at 10.30am, which we felt was a tad early.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank LauraMar21
Reviewed 5 September 2011

First off to all the people complaining that this hostel is too far from town, its not and you people are complaining about nothing. The hostel has a shuttle service and it only takes 15 minutes to walk to the center of town.
We loved this hostel. A family place in an old farm house converted to operate as a hostel with camp ground. The staff were super friendly, calm and ke[pt the place as clean as they could.
It has what you need just like any other hostel.
The shuttle meets every bus when it arrives and drives you to get to every bus. They really make you feel welcomed at the Rainbow Hostel.

Room Tip: Phone or email them directly!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank muddastadtbewohnerin
Reviewed 16 August 2011

stayed here in august 2011,rooms were clean and comfortable
kitchen was tidy and spacious,showers were clean as were bathroom apart for no towel or dryer to dry hands.....some of my friends camped at the back and were happy with everything
its a bit out of town so take into account u will need to get a taxi to and from there if you want to go into dingle town

Room Tip: we got a three bed dorm and one was a double,room no 2
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Overall I have given this hostel a 4* rating, as we were quite happy with our stay here, but there were things that could have been better. The rooms differ, four of us shared two twin rooms - one was small and the other was huge and even had a desk in it! I wonder whether the prices should be altered as the nicer room was charged at the same price as the other. We could see the large family room at the end which also looked huge and would probably be a good choice if you were travelling with family or a group of friends. The rooms are clean and pleasant.
The showers weren't great, quite dark and just not that nice, but ok. The building itself is nice and has a good kitchen/dining area but not lots of comfortable communal space so we ended up spending our time at the hostel either outside on the picnic benches or in one of our rooms (the bigger one!). We didn't see a lot of the staff and I seem to remember that they weren't particularly friendly. I don't recall anything specific though so it wasn't terrible or anything. The location is on the edge of Dingle town, fine for us as we had little time in the area and were there to drive the peninsula but if I was interested in seeing the town I would try a hostel more centrally located next time. Overall not a bad hostel but certainly not our favourite.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends