“No better spot in Dingle”
Review of Ashe's B&B

Ashe's B&B
Ranked #41 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We booked our trip to Dingle well in advance and chose this location for the low price and location to main street. We felt nervous before arrival because you never know what you're going to get when you book a hotel over the internet but we were pleasantly surprised with what found. We arrived an hour early from our reserved check in time but were welcomed right in by the friendly owner. He showed us to our room and gave us a fast but informative overview of places to go in Dingle which was very much appreciated. Our room was very clean and nicely sized with a full bathroom. Privacy also was very much a priority at Ashe's B&B but we could always find the owner if we had a question. The thing that really sets Ashe's above the rest is the home made breakfast. My girlfriend is both gluten free and a vegetarian so I was worried she would miss out on the full Irish breakfast but the owner was very accommodating and cooked her up a delicious meal. I can eat all food under the sun and was served the best breakfast of my life. I really cannot say enough about this place or the owner and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian Y

Reviewed 23 November 2012

We went to Dingle on a 12 day vacation in Ireland, and stayed at Ashes for 2 nights. The location was right around the corner from Main Street Dingle, but on a nice quite side street.

Our host Robert, the owner, greeted us when we arrived and we were able to check in early which was great. He had terrific recommendations for the local eateries and restaurants and pubs, he was right on in recommending great places.

The rooms were decently equipped (TV, etc.), and immaculate in terms of cleanliness; the bed and bedding was comfortable and clean.

I was particularly impressed that Robert and his assistant took the time to mail back some clothing I had left behind back to the States. I had left behind a fleece vest and a pricey pair of outdoor pants. When I called they immediately knew who I was and were relieved I had called as they did not have a way to contact me. They then mailed back my clothing free of charge to the States. Most places would have just said, sorry, not sure where it is, and that would have been it.

I would recommend this B&B to any couples, young or old, and would stay there again if I return to Dingle.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Deb B
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed here with my girlfriend in late October / early November 2012. Owner (Robert) was sound. Rang us on while we were on the way down to say he wouldn't be there when we arrived but left a key for us. When we got in to the room Robert had left a welcome letter for us with all the recommended pubs and restaurants and things to do depending on what kind of a day / night we wanted. Room was a decent size, very clean and nice and warm. Full Irish breakfast was very nice and Robert was very flexible on what time he would serve it to us at. Overall, a very helpful and friendly host. Would definitely stay at Ashe's B&B again. Highly recommended. Late October / early November is down time in Dingle so the B&B was quiet but that suited us perfectly. No problem sleeping, no noise etc. The B&B is located less than a minute walk from the main street so perfect location.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank cillfionntain
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at Ashes B&B during the fourth week of September, 2012. Our stay was quite good. The B&B is in a great location. Room was comfortable and good internet connection. Our breakfast was quite delicious with plenty of great coffee. Highy recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank vincent k
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We arrived late to the B&B and found ample parking off the street (a HUGE plus when you aren't used to driving on the left side of the road!). Our host had to leave so he made sure to leave us a note so that we could get in to our room. The room was clean and well appointed. The bathroom was spacious and the shower clean and had good water pressure. The room even included a blow dryer and extra pillows, etc. The B&B was very close to the center of town and the host had left us a map so that we could find our way around. We didn't meet Robert, our host, until the following morning. He was very friendly and suggested different routes to our next destination. Breakfast was delicious and filling. I would gladly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RMF333
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed at Ashe's B&B for four nights recently and I can highly recommend it!
It combines the tidiness and service of a hotel with the friendly welcome of a b&b.
Robert and Rosie are wonderful hosts: very friendly, warm and helpful at any time!
The room was spacious, bright and clean and nicely decorated, the bathroom was modern. I enjoyed my stay very much,Robert was very friendly and even mailed us our camera battery charger overseas when we left it behind us.The room was large and accommodated 2 adults and 2 children. The location was convenient and had plenty of parking. thank you!

Room Tip: Never mind what others say this is excellent
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank mary s
Reviewed 8 August 2012

As soon as I had checked-in to this B&B I wanted to walk out. The host was an ignorant man (I didn't see a female throughout the stay apart from a young woman who helped with breakfast). You certainly couldn't call this a "cosy" stay - it was far from it. The lounge furniture looked like it needed a good clean so we didn't use it. The housing of the shower doors in the ensuite bathroom needed a good scrub. After travelling around Ireland and staying in other B&Bs - this was the most expensive and the worst one we had stayed in. I even heard another guest say their bedding was stained! I am sorry but I could not recommend this to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends