“Stay Here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #42 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Stay Here”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The Liston Family B&B was a perfect spot to stay to enjoy time in the stunning Dingle region. The property is extremely home-like, comfortable, clean, inviting. Our room was very large and bright with a comfortable bed and just the right touches.

Jill is a great hostess - she was very helpful but not obtrusive or pushy in any way. For those who do not consider themselves "B&B people" the warmth and welcome from the Liston B&B might change your mind.

Just a ways outside of Dingle town, the home easy to find and quite convenient. The walk into the heart of Dingle town was just about 20 minutes. We made this walk in crazy windy, blustery and rainy weather and very late at night and felt safe and comfortable. Should one choose to drive, the trip to town is just a couple of minutes and there is lots of parking available.

Unfortunately our stay in Dingle was far too short - I am already looking forward to returning. I have been to many areas of Ireland and can say without a doubt that the Dingle area is the most beautiful with the most friendly people.

Our travel plans required a very, very early morning departure which meant we missed breakfast on the last day of our stay. Jill was so very thoughtful she left us fruit and bottles of water to take with us. This lady and this place go beyond expectations.

Many, many thanks! Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Thank you both so much for your lovely comments. It was a pleasure having you both stay and I look forward to meeting you both again some day. I hope you got to play with some of our local musicians during your time here at the "Trad Fest" . AND, by the way, you win a medal for "The worlds quietest departure at 5a.m. as absolutely no one, including myself heard you going!! I consider myself to have the best job... very hard work; but I get to meet the nicest people ALL the time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Really excellent accomodation and service. Mrs Liston is an excellent host and her interest in our stay could not have been surpassed. Her knowledge of local history and her willingness to share it and her library of local sites of interest was a huge bonus. It made it so much easier to plan our excursions and enhanced our stay enormously. We strongly recommend it to anyone. John & Kay Lambert, Liverpool, UK.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
What a wonderful couple! You were so lucky with the weather during your three night stay here. Thank you so much for all the lovely things you said about me here. I'm getting a swelled head just reading your review!! lol! I do try to have lots of walking maps for my guests to borrow during their stay here as they are sometimes hard to find when you go looking for them. Also I want people to enjoy their stay on the Peninsula, and I am proud of what we have to offer here, and want to pass it on to everyone who comes here on holidays. I hope I will meet you both again if you decide to visit the Dingle Peninsula again in the future.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Everything about this Bed&Breakfast is lovely and the way any B&B should be. As well as being up to scratch with expected basics (cleanliness, friendly owner, etc) it is also very cosy and, in my opinion, just what a proper B&B should be.

The room was nice, with little cosy touches. Spacious bright bathroom. If you make it down for breakfast earlier than other guests, you'll get to be seated at the table out in the glass observatory, which is just magnificent - you have a full 3-sides view of the garden, it is also very cosy with a couch, and nice decorative touches.

The only down side is that you have to order your breakfast the night before, but a little quirk like that can go unnoticed. The owner is a friendly, very chatty lady who will tell you all about Gregory Peck to whom she is distantly related :) She was very nice and even offered us a lift into town when she thought we were leaving the car behind.

Overall - though this B&B is some way out of town and would not fit those without own transport, it is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for highly recommending my home here on Trip Advisor. I do appreciate the trouble you went to writing such a glowing account! I do my very best to give 100% of my time to making sure everything is spotless and that all my guests enjoy their stay here. The beauty about being one mile from town is that all my guests can get a good nights sleep even at the height of the season, and with free off the road parking you can sleep sound knowing your car is safe also. I do offer to collect guests from the Bus stop in Dingle town, and return them when leaving if they tell me they are coming by public transport. I then recommend a private local bus trip around the Dingle Peninsula to take advantage of the wonderful sights we have to offer here on the Peninsula. FREE hight speed broadband is also available for all guests during their stay here. Yes you are right about the conservatory, most guests love to sit out there and view Mount Eagle on the right and the sea on the left. Mount Brandon can also be seen from the bathrooms up stairs.
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My wife and I are seasoned travelers in Ireland. We also lived in Sligo for a year. This year we returned to Ireland with a couple for our yearly holiday. My wife carefully chose B&Bs for this trip and among those she chose The Liston Family B&B for the location (near Dingle) and the value. The Liston house is located outside of the town in a very quiet and beautiful venue. But, it's close enough to town to get there easily. Our host, Jill, was very accommodating, friendly and a great cook. Our breakfast was delightful. Even for B&Bs it's rare that we feel this welcome. Jill is a terrific conversationalist and a wealth of knowledge about the area. Our traveling partners also remarked on how pleasant their stray was there. If we return, I will certainly stay at the Liston B&B again. I highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: great food, conversation and venue
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Even though it's been over a year since you all stayed here and my last response didn't appear here at the time, but I remember you like it was yesterday and look at your picture of the Ranga regularly and wonder how you are all doing? Thank you so much for going to the trouble to write such lovely things here. I smile at your comment about me: " is a terrific conversationalist" perhaps I forget to stop sometimes, but I want everyone to see what the Dingle Peninsula has to offer while they are here?? I do know when guests want to talk and when they don't, and respect that too. My 14 year old Westie dog is doing well. He had pneumonia in both lungs in March but with the VET'S help I got him through it. He also has arthritis so is very much slowing down..... a bit like myself I guess??
Hartford, CT
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The Simones had a great time in Dingle. Our room was lovely and breakfast in the glassed in gazebo was perfect. I happened to arrive with an gum infection and Jill found a walk in clinic and got me an appointment with her dentist. She saved our trip. A better host would not be found. Her knowledge of the area and sights leaves no stone unturned. I highly recommend the Liston Family B&/B.
Joan Simone

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jopatmerr
Joan, thank you so much for your wonderful comment about my humble home. I do appreciate it very much, and know the trouble you went to writing this comment. I wonder sometimes how people remember where they've stayed when they return home, and go to all this trouble on behalf of myself AND future guests that might decide to stay here, and write such lovely reviews?? I still wonder how your tooth is, and if you had to get it out? I was only too delighted to be able to help you out with a doctor and next day my dentist. Dingle is a small town so everyone is very accommodating in an emergency. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Ireland.
ontario canada
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Stayed at Jill Liston's B&B with friends of ours on May 14th. 1st time ever staying in a B&B and truly a great experience. Rooms were spotless, food was great, and Jill was truly a wonderful host. She showed us pictures of her family (proud mom & grandma) and gave us some really helpful hints about places to see. So glad she did as we had rented a car, and were just trying to get in as much as possible in 9 days. I think the Dingle Penninsula is one of the most beautiful spots in Ireland. Hard to beleive we've been home already 3 weeks, and are already talking about going back. My husband & I have ancestors from Ireland, and next time we will take more time to explore the country. Having said that we will definitly look up the Liston B&B and stay again.
Thanks Jill for the memories

Cathy, LLoyd, Sherry, & Richard

Room Tip: clean, excellent price, and good food
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank vacationgirl55
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 June 2011
Wow, I'm about to get a swelled head! Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I'm so glad I made your first stay in a bed and breakfast in Ireland memorable and that you will be back. I hope you stayed in other B/B's after you left here. I can't believe it's over three weeks since you were here. Time seems to fly now-a-days. You are so right about the Dingle Peninsula, it is a beautiful part of the World! You need at least two days to see all there is to see in this beautiful part of Kerry. Remember 'Fungi' our wild dolphin is still here since 1983. He knows a good thing when he sees it!
Schwäbisch Hall
Reviewed 28 May 2011

It was my second stay in Jill Liston´s B&B this year - and I am sure that I will come back again. It is like coming home - Jill makes everything for your ejoyable stay!! Delicious breakfast, clean rooms - and after a short and nice walk from the B&B you can reach beautiful Dingle Town!! And Jill has always good ideas for your daily plans....
Thanks once again for the great stay, Jill

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank regina_wieland1
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely comments, and for taking the time to write here. It was wonderful seeing you again so soon, especially as the weather in Germany was so much better than in Ireland at the time!! I hope to meet you again during the summer, and bring the rain coat this time!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dingle
Killfountain Farm
Ardrinane House
Ardrinane House
#55 of 75 in Dingle
Brownes Bed & Breakfast Dingle

Been to The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!