“Great B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #42 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vandergrift, Pennsylvania
“Great B&B!”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Staying at Jill's B&B made Dingle that much better. She's terrific and was the most friendly and welcoming host on our entire trip. We enjoyed the time she took to chat and make us feel very welcome. She was also very accommodating by accepting the delivery of a piece of luggage that was lost by the airline company. The food was great and the house was warm! Most places were a little on the chilly side (October trip) but her place was a nice home away from home. We only wish we could have stayed longer. We highly recommend her B&B!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tim F
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Thank you both so much for your lovely comments. It was lovely to read here, and telling me before you left, that you found my home lovely and warm and were delighted with your stay. It makes all the hard work worth while!! October can be chilly and when your staying in a strange place it can be difficult to adjust. I hope you both enjoyed your trip around the Dingle Peninsula. Electric blankets are now on all beds for the winter months. I hope to see you both again sometime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Jill is a wonderful host. Full of information about Dingle and surrounding area. Our room was like being home and the bed was very comfortable, cozy and warm. Since it was raining. Breakfast was fabulous and we enjoyed the sun room, and the sun in the morning. Being a dog lover I fell in love. Top notch Bed and breakfast and close to everything.

Room Tip: Upstairs is great with a view out the back.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda F
Thank you so much for your lovely comments Linda. I was happy to be of help to you both. It's a small world! Bengie the dog enjoys the company during the summer months and guests usually fall in love with him straight away. I'm happy you found my home cosy and warm. I do try my best to give 100% attention to everyone who stays. I hope you have happy memories of Dingle and the Dingle Peninsula.
Northglenn, Colorado
Reviewed 12 October 2011

You need to see this bed and breakfast in Dingle, ran by Jill Liston. The beds are great and the breakfast on the garden patio is terrific. Thanks Jill for a wonderful nites stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Carole, so lovely to have you both stay here. It's the first time for me to have a namesake come and stay here. What fun we all had during your stay. Thank you so much for your lovely comments and I hope you enjoyed your short stay on the Dingle Peninsula even though the weather was unkind at the time. I'm glad you enjoyed my beds and all mattresses and pillows have 'anti allergy' protectors on them for the safety of Asthma and other allergy sufferers who might like to come and stay here.
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Lovely B&B just a minute's drive or short walk from Dingle. Jill was warm and welcoming, accommodating our Vegetarian needs and happy to chat or recommend a local restaurant.

• Stayed September 2011
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Hi Étienne from the room upstairs!!!? I hope you are settling into Collage life in England and not missing home too much. It was so lovely having you and your Mum come and stay here recently. You are such a credit to your parents. I get to meet all the nicest people in my line of business and I'm going to miss everyone during the winter months ahead. I should have put out my 'visitors book' but I forgot this year. It is such a joy to read what people go to such trouble to write each year. Have a great time in College and remember, Computer Labs on Friday mornings???? lol!
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The Liston Family B&B was a perfect spot to stay to enjoy time in the stunning Dingle region. The property is extremely home-like, comfortable, clean, inviting. Our room was very large and bright with a comfortable bed and just the right touches.

Jill is a great hostess - she was very helpful but not obtrusive or pushy in any way. For those who do not consider themselves "B&B people" the warmth and welcome from the Liston B&B might change your mind.

Just a ways outside of Dingle town, the home easy to find and quite convenient. The walk into the heart of Dingle town was just about 20 minutes. We made this walk in crazy windy, blustery and rainy weather and very late at night and felt safe and comfortable. Should one choose to drive, the trip to town is just a couple of minutes and there is lots of parking available.

Unfortunately our stay in Dingle was far too short - I am already looking forward to returning. I have been to many areas of Ireland and can say without a doubt that the Dingle area is the most beautiful with the most friendly people.

Our travel plans required a very, very early morning departure which meant we missed breakfast on the last day of our stay. Jill was so very thoughtful she left us fruit and bottles of water to take with us. This lady and this place go beyond expectations.

Many, many thanks! Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you both so much for your lovely comments. It was a pleasure having you both stay and I look forward to meeting you both again some day. I hope you got to play with some of our local musicians during your time here at the "Trad Fest" . AND, by the way, you win a medal for "The worlds quietest departure at 5a.m. as absolutely no one, including myself heard you going!! I consider myself to have the best job... very hard work; but I get to meet the nicest people ALL the time.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Really excellent accomodation and service. Mrs Liston is an excellent host and her interest in our stay could not have been surpassed. Her knowledge of local history and her willingness to share it and her library of local sites of interest was a huge bonus. It made it so much easier to plan our excursions and enhanced our stay enormously. We strongly recommend it to anyone. John & Kay Lambert, Liverpool, UK.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
What a wonderful couple! You were so lucky with the weather during your three night stay here. Thank you so much for all the lovely things you said about me here. I'm getting a swelled head just reading your review!! lol! I do try to have lots of walking maps for my guests to borrow during their stay here as they are sometimes hard to find when you go looking for them. Also I want people to enjoy their stay on the Peninsula, and I am proud of what we have to offer here, and want to pass it on to everyone who comes here on holidays. I hope I will meet you both again if you decide to visit the Dingle Peninsula again in the future.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Everything about this Bed&Breakfast is lovely and the way any B&B should be. As well as being up to scratch with expected basics (cleanliness, friendly owner, etc) it is also very cosy and, in my opinion, just what a proper B&B should be.

The room was nice, with little cosy touches. Spacious bright bathroom. If you make it down for breakfast earlier than other guests, you'll get to be seated at the table out in the glass observatory, which is just magnificent - you have a full 3-sides view of the garden, it is also very cosy with a couch, and nice decorative touches.

The only down side is that you have to order your breakfast the night before, but a little quirk like that can go unnoticed. The owner is a friendly, very chatty lady who will tell you all about Gregory Peck to whom she is distantly related :) She was very nice and even offered us a lift into town when she thought we were leaving the car behind.

Overall - though this B&B is some way out of town and would not fit those without own transport, it is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for highly recommending my home here on Trip Advisor. I do appreciate the trouble you went to writing such a glowing account! I do my very best to give 100% of my time to making sure everything is spotless and that all my guests enjoy their stay here. The beauty about being one mile from town is that all my guests can get a good nights sleep even at the height of the season, and with free off the road parking you can sleep sound knowing your car is safe also. I do offer to collect guests from the Bus stop in Dingle town, and return them when leaving if they tell me they are coming by public transport. I then recommend a private local bus trip around the Dingle Peninsula to take advantage of the wonderful sights we have to offer here on the Peninsula. FREE hight speed broadband is also available for all guests during their stay here. Yes you are right about the conservatory, most guests love to sit out there and view Mount Eagle on the right and the sea on the left. Mount Brandon can also be seen from the bathrooms up stairs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dingle
Killfountain Farm
Ardrinane House
Ardrinane House
#55 of 75 in Dingle
Brownes Bed & Breakfast Dingle

Been to The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!