“Three nights in Dingle”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #43 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We just spent three great nights in Dingle at the Liston Family B&B with Jill and Bengie (her 15 year old Westie). Jill is a wonderful hostess who made sure we were well taken care of. The accommodations are warm and cozy including our favorite - the instant hot water in the showers! Jill is a sweetheart who happens to be related to a very famous Hollywood star (I won't spoil her secret, but she'll gladly tell you if you visit her). We also had nice chats with her about life in Dingle. We especially loved the breakfast room surrounded by sunlight and the beauty of the countryside. She's located a few miles out of town which makes it peaceful and quiet. As for Bengie, he's such a sweet dog. He's over 15 now and has his good and bad days, but all in all he's hanging in there! His presence gave us a much needed "fur fix" being away from our dogs. Thanks Jill for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aae991
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

I can still see you both sitting on the floor in the hall with Bengie. HE had the best time ever too, and I am so glad he helped you both feel less lonesome for your own treasured dogs. I hope they had a great welcome for you when you got home.
Thank you for your lovely comments they are very much appreciated here. I had other guests since, who came because they were curious about your comment about my ' Famous Hollywood Star' and they were very impressed!!!!! That's all thanks to you keeping that secret here!!
You won't believe it but my home is only ONE mile from Dingle town and is a lovely walk as the road is flat. Most of Dingle's roads are up hill but not out here. Your car is safe and off the road and of course a good nights sleep is guaranteed. I do hope we meet again sometime. Bengie is doing well but spends a lot of time asleep.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

My husband and I would highly recommend the Liston Family B&B for your stay in Dingle. We loved everything about it. Jill greeted us with excellent hospitality and knowledge of the area. We had more than enough to do during our stay, and she was full of recommendations. We appreciated that she even picked us up at the bus stop and brought us back at the end of our stay, so we did not have to walk with heavy luggage to the B&B.
Our room in the house was perfect: the cleanest and most welcoming we experienced during our Irish travels. The views from the room were breathtaking, and we even enjoyed the sight, smell, and sound of the nearby sheep flocks! Breakfast on Jill's solar offered spectacular views as well. The food was delicious - my husband says Jill's Irish breakfast was his favorite meal of the whole trip.
The B&B is located a bit out of town, but we found that the walk was nice, especially after a night in the pubs. We appreciated the quiet seclusion, which allowed us to really relax and enjoy ourselves.
If we ever go back... I mean, WHEN we go back to Ireland, we will be sure to spend a few days with Jill at the Liston B&B. Although, we will probably rent a car next time for touring the whole peninsula.

3  Thank Rachel D

Joe and Rachel, I can't believe it's nearly a year since you were here. I still remember you both and of course the sheep were 'home from home' for you both. For me they are also lovely to look at without the responsibility of actually owning them!!! It is lovely that you are now friends on my Facebook page too!
Anyone who tells me that they are coming by bus I am only too delighted to pick them up at the bus stop in Dingle and bring them back when they leave. Thank you so much for your comment about the cleanliness of my rooms. I do appreciate you saying so as I do put 110% of myself into my work. It's easy when I get to meet such lovely people like yourselves. A car is really essential for touring the Dingle Peninsula as the local bus does not go every day and the Peninsula is one of the most famous places to visit. I hope you get to visit Ireland again very soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

This was my first trip back to Ireland in over 20 years. and my partner's first ever. I wanted to show him the real Ireland, and the warmth of Irish hospitality. We found it all at Jill Liston's home in Dingle. She could not have done more for us, so very kind and considerate. She shared her wealth of local knowledge as we arrived, and there was a delightful welcome letter from her West Highland Terrier Benji to make us feel one of the family. The room was perfect, spotlessly clean, with such beautiful linen. An excellent breakfast was a joy at the start of the day, in such peaceful surroundings. Nowhere else in Ireland matched the welcome we received. I would recommend Jill's home to anyone. We will be back , and will stay longer next time, to see more of the beautiful Dingle Peninsular-and Benji and Jill.

4  Thank Magnz
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful review recently. I remember you both very much and I'm delighted that I was able to be of help to make your visit more memorable for you. I appreciate your lovely review and I hope to see you again in the future. I get to meet such wonderful people, and it's why I look forward to the summer season each year. Roll on 2013!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

My parents and I stayed here just recently in September for about a week. At first I was a bit disappointed cause the B&B seemed to be a bit far out of town. But walking that distance once I realised it was really super short and the silence a bit out of town is extremely enjoyable. It is wonderfully quiet and the view out of the window is priceless! You can enjoy Ireland fully while brushing your teeth :) Jill is more than just a host. She is warm and welcoming and really contributed to our wonderful stay. She knows everyone and everything when it comes to where to go or where to eat. We all felt at home in no time. Staying here helped us all to fall in love with Dingle. The rooms where great and needless to say Benji is a doll! Thank you so much Jill for opening your home to us! It was so wonderful to meet you and Benji (and the baby cat). We will definitely come back if we get the chance!

PS.: Thank you for killing that hairy monster spider :D

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KathieRejc

It was such a pleasure to have all three of you for the week. It was just like having my own family home for a while. You were such wonderful people and it was a pleasure to have you come and stay in my home. I do hope to see you all again in the future. Lets hope it's not 'spider' mating time!!!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Highly recommended. Jill is incredibly kind and helpful, and we were made to feel completely at home in our two night stay. She is highly knowledgeable on local restaurants and on where to go to hear a good musical seisun, so we did not put a foot wrong in choosing where to spend our evenings. Her knowledge and information on what to see on Slea Head was equally accurate and relevant to our plans.

The bedroom was well appointed, and the bed was easily the most comfortable guest house bed I have slept in. The breakfast likewise was generous and promptly served. We do not get much holiday, and Jill made our trip to Dingle a happy and memorable trip. Highly recommended.

Harry and Sarah

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harry W
sunshinekerry, Owner at The Liston Family Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments. It is such a pleasure to reply to two of the most considerate people in the world. I was going out to dinner the night these lovely people arrived and they went out of their way to arrive early and to make sure I enjoyed MY night out. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here, AND on the Dingle Peninsula. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit to Musaem Chorca Dhuibhne in Ballyferriter. It's such a wonderful treasure on the Peninsula.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We started our trip from here, after landing at shannon airport, Jill even offered us early check-in if required. From the moment we met, she was very accommodating and the layout of the home suited us perfectly as we were travelling with 4 children, Breakfast was great and plenty of it, along with plenty of choices for our fussy kids. It is a 2 minute drive into the city, but far enough away from the noise of traffic.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B to anybody. Jill is wonderful woman and that showed through during our 2 days there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tony L

From the very first e-mail to make this reservation it was lovely to correspond with such lovely people and I felt I knew them even before they arrived. It's not often I have triplets + ! in the house but they were such lovely children it was a pleasure to have this family in my home. Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I appreciate them very much. I hope that family wedding went well later that week!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I now can say I have a friend in Ireland. Jill is warm and friendly, her home very nice and relaxing. A perfect 10 minute walk into town. Her breakfast was grand. Thank you Jill for a lovely stay in Dingle. Jodi

Room Tip: All her rooms are lovely.