“Great stay!”
Review of Dunlavin House

Dunlavin House
Ranked #16 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My parents had I had a lovely 2-night stay at Dunlavin House, and Denise was very hospitable. Breakfast was delicious and there were many options. The house has a lovely view of the Dingle Harbor in front, and is very close to town (although if you are planning to go to the pubs and coming back late, plan on driving or taking a taxi back from town because there is no sidewalk and the road is unlit, so walking from town could be risky). Continuing West on the road takes you to Slea Head and the rest of the gorgeous Dingle Peninsula, so the house is well-situated for exploring!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lms248

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Nice room, delicious meal. WiFi was not available in our room, had to go downstairs to main living room to access. I would recommend this to anyone. Dingle Peninsula was beautiful, and this B&B was a great location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had a great stay at Dunlavin and would recommend it again. Denise, our hostess, gave us good recommendations for dinner and local music locations.
The accommodations were very comfortable and clean. The breakfast meal was great too! Thanks Denise, for a nice stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis F
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in June 2013 and had the best time! Denise was an excellent hostess, and the home is beautiful. When I asked Denise if there were any laundromats in Dingle, she told me there weren't, but then was so kind as to do all of our wash for us while we were out for the day. I was so pleasantly surprised to come home and find all of our dirty laundry had been cleaned and folded and placed on our bed. Wow! The breakfasts were superb, the location is perfect (just outside of town), and the view is beautiful. We had a room that faced the front, overlooking the cemetery and the harbor. It was roomy, and clean. There's a hot water kettle/coffee/tea in the room. The bathroom had great water pressure, but we did have to turn it off/on a couple of times in order to get it to work correctly.

I had to think really hard to come up with any criticisms of Dunlavin House. If I had to give any at all, they would be that the wifi doesn't work in the bedrooms, so we had to go into the common rooms downstairs every night in order to skype with our kids. That wasn't a big deal, but I was concerned about disturbing any other guests. The second thing would be that it seemed that Denise may have overbooked for our first night, so we stayed in a room downstairs for the first night, but she moved all of our items upstairs for us into a beautiful room for the remaining two nights. The upstairs room was definitely better, but I don't believe she books people into the downstairs room very often... it must have been a special circumstance.

I would definitely stay here again... and plan to!

Room Tip: The upstairs room facing the harbor is roomy and has a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

i was very exicted to go ack to Dingle and i knew that Dunlavin house is a perfect spot i didnt wait too long and called looking for a room and i found myself being rushed to speak on the phone to not very polite lady, rather to someone who spent lat 20 years sitting behind a desk doing exactly the same boring things day after day than a friendly, happy host i'd known Dunlavin house for...

our trip wasnt planned at all we just decided the day before that we'd go and we would be arriving quite late in the evening, i have done it once coming to that bnb and it didnt seem a problem then ( and ive been there few times) and today i asked if that would be possible and the response was rather rude and wouldnt leave me in any way to be able to find a compromise. at the end of the conversation phone was just hung up on me with not as much as 'i'm sorry' or anything polite. i was offered a phone number to a neighbor but seeing for some reason i wasnt welcome to call at all i justgave up and kept searching on my own. i hope this is just a sigle slip and dunlavin house is stil as lovely as it was, although the whole situation made me feel dissapointed.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sugar m
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Beautifully kept B&B. on arrival I just mentioned my thoughts about touring the Dingle Peninsula and within 10 minutes our hostess had the plans arranged. Wonderful views and a short walk to downtown Dingle. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Dulavin House is very convenient to town, yet nice and quiet location. Delicious breakfast. Denise was gracious and very helpful in helping us get in touch with our car rental agency to replace our car after the back window was shattered. We later found out from another guest that her husband had been mowing the lawn and a rock flew and shattered the window, so don't park in the driveway if he is mowing the lawn! People commented about the cemetery view, but is was very interesting to walk through it and the distant water view was beautiful! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family