“Great place and great people”
Review of Dillon's B & B

Dillon's B & B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dingle
Dillon's B & B
Ranked #67 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Dillons was a wonderful stay. Kathleen was very accommodating and super friendly. She also makes delicious scones! The room was very clean and had the most comfortable mattress of all our stays in Ireland. I would recommend staying here when you are in dingle. It's far enough out of town to be in the country but close enough to walk to town.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Seen this b and b on the internet it looked nice a good price and a walking distance from the town. We checked in a 5 o clock and we were greeted by her son. From the off there was a problem with the rooms. Kitty only put us down for 2 rooms while we said we wanted 3. The son rang his mother to sort it out and then the problem was resolved. I then asked the son how much for the room for 2 nights and he said 40 euro I handed it to him u thought sweet job done. But no kitty came back and said I needed to give her an extra 20 since it was a double room. She then said there was a hostel down the road we could try to see if they would take us. To my mind she basically said get out. She then started an row over the extra 20 euro by saying that her son is only in college and that he has noting to do with the business. Why was he there then to great people and take money?? We felt so unwanted that we dropped or bags and went down the town for the evening. We had a lovely alarm clock the following morning with her hovering the hall at 8am. Great way to relax in the morning. It also states all rooms en sweet with coffee and tea facilities and a tv. In my room I had none of them except for a sink. In my friends room we found ants running around the floor numerous times. Which is not a nice thing to be seeing. To sum up all I can say is if you feel like staying in a place were you feel unwelcome a fight over the prices of the room I would highly recommend but if not I would highly recommend drive past it and stay someone were else.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank hoofeharted
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed 1 night at Dillon's B & B. Our host, Katherine, was very welcoming. We were shown our room and given lovely fresh tea, coffee and biscuits. The room was beautifully appointed. Tastfully decorated, really comfortable bed and lovely hot shower. Katherine's local knowledge of the area was very useful also. We had planned to drive around the peninnsular the next morning as it was already 5pm when we checked in, but she advised us to go straight away as we still had a few hours of daylight left and she thought it would be misty in the morning and we may not see much. We went, and got the most magnificent photos! And, the next morning was miserable! Thanks Katherine! I would gladly recommend this B & B to anyone lucky enough to travel to the Dingles.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed 30 September 2012

As we came over the Conor Pass, we saw a sign "20 euros for bed 25 for bed and breakfast." We pulled in after a long day on the road; we signed in; we got back from dinner in town, and the owner came to our room to tell us that 25 euros got us a Continental Breakfast/30 got us an Irish breakfast. Her son who signed us in told us it was 25 for bed and breakfast--no indication it was Continental. Also, we had to have breakfast at 8--there was no choice. The place wasn't very clean; none of the ameneties we were used to at other B&B's--22 nights in Scotland and Ireland--this was the pits.

Room Tip: Dont' fall for the signs---wait and see the owner--don't believe the kids who answer the doo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank edward03
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Never felt more unwelcome in my life. Mold in shower and bath, scummy water in tea kettle, no heat. Bed's old and hard. Towels musty. Owner acted like we were putting her out. She should take down her sign.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Sue R
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Mrs. Dillon's home is impeccably clean and well kept, but her hospitality is what will make your visit worthwhile. This dear lady took us in on an evening when the weather was too bad to go over the pass. We slept peacefully in a cozy room with a great view then were back on the road early.

Room Tip: comfortable and clean accomodations.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The only thing to watch out for is that the pice for a single is €35 even though when i rang up her son answered and said it was €20 and €30 with breakfast. I later found out when I arrived at the b&b that this price was per person sharing. I made it clear on the phone that I wanted a single as I had read the previous review about being charged extra. The owner even said "oh ya he does that all the time". Well if he does it all the time you need to tell him the right price. There no prob with it being €35 for a single person you just need to tell them when they ring up and not give a false price. Managed to negotiate the price of €25 as most other places i had rang were booked and I was supposed to be leaving for the wedding in 30mins so didn't have time to go around looking for another place.

Regarding everything else the room was nice and clean and was ensuite. The bed was a nice queen size bed and was very comfortable. The owner seemed quite nice and even offered me a lift to ballintaggart house(where i was going to the wedding).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo