“Duinin House,Conor Pass Road-as good as there is in Ireland!”
Review of Duinin House

and 1 more site!
Duinin House
Ranked #13 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed in dingle at Duinin House, in July, 2011.Actually, I visit this home every year.Why?The people, the friendliness, the company, the stories, the birthday songs, the local history and stories, the exceptional welcome and the fantastic breakfast, the extraordinary view, and the Neligan family, no more enjoyable couple in Ireland!! By all means, take the Slea Head Drive, all the way around, stop at the Stonehouse Restaurant,go to the church in Balleyferriter,go to the church ruins on Slea Head, but , above all, stay with the Neligan family! Best wishes!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank caseyboys

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Sorry that I cannot give this B&B the great review that it would deserve but for the attitude of the host.

The Room was nicely decorated though small and had little room for the 2 pieces of luggage that my husband and I had with us. The view to the backyard was lovely. Breakfast was tasty and served nicely and the breakfast room was very nice with a great view overlooking the hills of Dingle.

My complaint is with the host who greeted us when we arrived not with a friendly "Hello, how are you " but immediately scolded us because "We expected you yesterday" I did not understand what he meant . He brought out copies of my EMails and I acknowledged I made a mistake and apologized for my error. What else could I do but I don' t think I am the first to make such a mistake. I was charged for the day we did not arrive and I feel that this is fair but I did not find this out until I was home and got an EMail. Kind of "wimpy" I think!!

We had to leave early (6AM) on our day of departure and could not shower because there was no hot water. We were not offered any type of breakfast, no coffee, scone, cereal - nothing on that morning. We had been offered early breakfast at other B&B's which we declined but on this morning we really would have appreciated it.

If you stay here you had better behave.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Carolea W
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed here on a large family trip. We were without transportation during our stay, but we are great walkers, so the 15-20 minute walk uphill from town was no problem. The hosts were pleasant, the rooms were comfortable, and the setting, on the road to Connor Pass, was wonderful. On our last day, we hiked up the little sheep-covered hill behind the inn to behold an even better view of Dingle Bay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Cantaloupe
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Our family of 6 occupied 3 rooms at Duinin House for two nights and couldn't have enjoyed it more! Anne & Pat are gracious & friendly, not to mention great cooks. We concur with the great comments about the porridge with Bailey's; I even went to the store to buy "oatlets" to try to replicate this at home. Dingle has lots to offer: be sure to take the Slea Head Drive & visit the well-done Heritage Center, as Pat suggests. It's a fascinating depiction of life on the Blasket Islands. Several in our group enjoyed the par 3 golf in Dingle, others liked the Harbour Cruise & we all enjoyed exploring the town.
BTW, their solarium/breakfast room can't be beat! Beautiful views of the hills dotted with sheep & the harbor in town..all a short drive away.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We had nothing booked on arrival into Dingle, but as soon as we walked into Duinin House we decided to stay two nights. Great hosts, the coffee/tea in the sunroom on arrival is lovely. The room was a great size, comfy bed, kettle, good shower and a lovely view over the sheep paddocks out the back.

Our lovely host was very helpful in dinner, pub & music recommendations. I can't speak highly enough of this B&B, oh and the omlette at breakfast was a lovely light change from the full english we'd been having.

Do it, book it, don't hesitate.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The best day of our two weeks in Ireland was spent on the Dingle Peninsula and an integral part of our good memories was our stay at Duinin House. Anne welcomed us when we arrived mid-afternoon and offered us tea but we dumped our bags and were off to see the sights on the Slea Head drive. When we dropped back to ask where we could eat and hear some Trad music, Anne recommended John Benny Moriarty's. His wife, Eilis Kennedy, was singing that evening, and Anne said she had a lovely voice. Well, we loved the whole experience - the food, the company, and the music. Definitely the best evening of our trip. Breakfast next morning was top-notch: porridge with Baileys and scrambled eggs with Atlantic smoked salmon! Delicious!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank RichardandLeone
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I simply cannot say enough positive things about this B&B. The location is simply gorgeous, as the traveller photos illustrate, but Anne and Pat are also friendly and terrific hosts who have the B&B business down cold. The rooms are large and comfortable, the rates are quite reasonable by Ireland standards, the house is beautiful (especially the glass-roofed breakfast room), and breakfast was delicious. My only real complaint is that the wireless signal didn't carry all the way through the house, but that's trivial at best--I will happily return here the next time I'm in Dingle!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family