“Thoroughly enjoyed meal that had mesmerising flavours and staff that were very welcoming”
Review of Half Door

Half Door
Ranked #19 of 76 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We went here as a group of four on a Saturday evening. There was no reservations made and my partner recommended we try this restaurant while walking past. We decided to go in am the waiter was extremely accommodating and managed to find a table of the four of us. The atmosphere was very vibrant and the capacity was near to full. I decided to order prawns as a starter and was not disappointed. The prawns were delicious and were dipped in a sauce that added flavour to the dish in a very commendable way. My partner ordered potato leek soup as a starter and was extremely joyous with her selection as she said it oozes flavour and she enjoyed it a lot. For the mains I decided to go for Cajun chicken. I have to say the presentation was excellent and the ingredients used were exceptional and cant criticise the flavours used as the was a perfect blend of herbs and spices used. There was veg and extra raost potatoes served on separate plating. We found this excellent value for money. My partner decided to order crap claws as a main course and she was not disappointed with her decision. She said the flavouring throughout the dish was very applauded to the chef and the meat was very tender and fresh that would appeal to people who have a liking for fish. Our two friends decided to go for the same two starters as ourselves and were delighted with the quality of the food and also the captibilites of the staff were exceptional in a busy environment. The restaurant was near full to capacity and service was very pleasant and the dishes were brought out on time. Our two friends ordered Cajun salmon and steak as their respective main courses. The salmon was cooked to my friends liking and she was really glad with the quality of the food and the presentation aswell. The final course that my friend ordered was steak which was cooked to my friends liking which was medium rare. Overall we would highly recommend this restaurant to people who are looking to experience exceptional dishes that vary so you have a choice from a well vaired menu that specialises in dishes from fish to chicken to steak for example. We as a group found this exceptional value for money and also like to thank the staff for a excellent night enjoyed that will savour in our memories for a long time to come.

2  Thank Peter M
There are newer reviews for Half Door

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The food was amazing and the service was excellent. One waiter ran the whole place and he was wonderful. This was recommended by a local and they didn't steer us wrong. Need reservations

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Recently had dinner in the half door, we were a group of 17 and they had no issue accommodating us. Great variety in the menu to meet needs of all in the group - not just seafood, a lot of meat options and vegetarian options also.
Very friendly staff, service was prompt and feedback from all was that all courses of dinner was gorgeous. Portion sizes are very generous and the waiter brought extra portions of chips to the table.
Thanks all for a lovely night!

2  Thank PBKY
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The best of several excellent meals in Dingle. A wonderful seafood chowder to start, followed by baked hake and a delicious bread and butter pudding. The portions were huge; the seafood chowder was a meal in itself. So I would recommend ordering only two courses if you hope to have room for dessert. The early dinner fixed price menu is an excellent value. Service was excellent as well.

2  Thank DENNIS T
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to the Half door on my last visit to Dingle. I really wanted to try the Lobster Thermidor, something I had never had before and found it here at the Half Door. Although it was a bit pricey, it was well worth it. My dinner was Out of this world DELICIOUS. The portion size was great, not too small at all and the wine selection was nice. My son was able to order from a children's menu, it was nice that they had that option, more familiar food for him. The atmosphere was quiet, cosy, warm and my waiter was just lovely and charismatic such a nice personality and great service, very attentive. I will definitely stop in for dinner the next time I am in town a place I really enjoyed. Thank you!

2  Thank pinkthis