“Reliably good restaurant”

Lord Baker's
Ranked #19 of 76 Restaurants in Dingle
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I visit Dingle often and have been to this restaurant often, which is a recommendation in itself as I have visited many of Dingle's good restaurants. It is reliable for good quality food and local produce including local fish dishes. I think the owner may catch some of the fish himself at times. The ambience is good, the surroundings well chosen and the owner and his son and their staff are helpful and informative, as they are from the area and welcoming. I have had many of the dishes i.e. lamb shank, steak, salmon etc and they are all good quality and tasty and well presented. There is a reasonable range of wines. Prices are mid range- high depending on what you have but you are assured of quality and the early bird menus can make it a bit more reasonable.

1  Thank Mary R

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a great meal in here (1 x fish and 1 x steak) and both were excellent. service was good and the entertainment (4 Irish girls slagging their fellas) was a great laugh. joking aside well worth a visit with a good menu and beer.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

this place was recommended by our guesthouse try the crab claws in garlic butter ,fab, then we had the oven baked salmon with garlic butter , and then we had warm chocolate cake with fresh cream , really delicious and cooked perfectly , we were lucky to get a seat it was busy there and we also got to sit near the fireplace cosy ,,,,thank you John

Reviewed 17 January 2014

fantastic seafood chowder to begin, by far the best shank of lamb i have ever had , perfectly cooked , served with fresh vegetables and red wine sauce , staff very friendly and all irish great host John i would highly recommend it to anyone ,,,,,,,,

1  Thank david n
Reviewed 6 January 2014

After looking forward to a lovely lamb shank and vegetable dinner I was extremely disappointed with the lack of meat on the lamb shank and my vegetables were old and mushy and portion size was suitable for a pigeon. The owner or waiter never once asked me how my meal was hence this review. I believe he knew there was a complaint coming his way so made sure not to visit the table again.Its extremely over-prized.

1  Thank 2smyth