“lovely stay”
Review of Drom Caoin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmullet
Drom Caoin
Ranked #2 of 9 Belmullet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2012

It was great to meet Mairin and Jerry. I spent three days in Belmullet, visited this area in the first time,. I see that this village is developing. I enjoed the breakfasts and great quality coffee.
In the evening I got chance to taste good wines. Mairin is a good teacher to explaine the nuances in colour and taste.I had very relax time.I visited the fish village, golf club,walking aroud the Belmullet, to feel salty air.I like to spend time where people looks happy. Well done

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AndrewAthlone

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Meeting Mairin and Jerry was one of the nicest things about our trip to Ireland. They made us feel like family. They were so helpful in suggesting places to visit. they go out of their way to help in any way they can. The B&B was comfortable, and very clean. The breakfast was excellent. Particularly enjoyed the evening when coming back from sight seeing and Gerry would put a fire in the fireplace and Mairin would bring tea and scones. We stayed there for 9 nights and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting near Belmullet. I will definitely go back there and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl L
Reviewed 16 June 2012

As far as I am concerned, a B&B should be comfortable, clean, convenient and offer a hearty breakfast and a warm fire in the evening. Drom Caoin easily satisfies those criteria. When you add the human factor of the proprietors of Drom Caoin, you have someplace special indeed. Mairin and Gerry are professional and efficient for sure, but their genuine love of their endeavor and enjoyment of their guests is what sets this B&B apart. It sounds trite, but I felt like a friend during my stay. If you want experienced and interesting proprietors who truly welcome you into their home, I unequivicaly recommend that you enjoy a few days here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Discriminatingguest6
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This is the place to stay in Belmullet. I would not stay anywhere else. I've been staying there for over 15 years.
Great service, excellent value, outstanding breakfasts. The staff will help you with plans, trips, reservations, golfing needs, and much more. They go out of their way to insure a pleasnt stay.

Room Tip: Try the suites.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My family stayed at Drom Caoin in July 2011, and we were surprised at the low quality of the accomodations. Having read all the rave reviews on the web, we had been looking forward very much to our stay there. We loved Belmullet, but this B&B was inferior to every other B&B we've stayed in in the west of Ireland, and that includes at least 25 (in Kerry, Galway, Clare, and other places) over the past 30 years. Some details: our room was uncomfortable; the mattresses were lumpy, the room was ugly, the bathroom was inconvenient, and it was full of bugs. At breakfast we had to wait 15 minutes for coffee, delayed while Mrs. Murphy asked every member of our party how he or she had enjoyed himself or herself the day before. The questioning had no special warmth; it seemed rather routine. And we were dying for coffee. We had some urgent questions when we arrived, but one of the Murphys was always on the phone and unable to talk to us. -- I would return to Belmullet, but not to Drom Caoin.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank mimitravels333
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Drom Coin is a wunderfull B&B!
The Hosts are very friendly and warm.
Máiríns breakfest is delicious, she is a great cook!
Her Cappucino is the best all over Ireland....
I would heartily recommend staying here!
Thanks for all (especialy for the temporary filling set....)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Madita66
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My brother and I travelled to Belmullet to do some family history research, we stayed at the Drom Caoin for 3 nights and it was wonderful. Mairin & Gerry are the perfect hosts and the breakfasts are second to none. Mairin was very helpful with our research and knows all the history of the area and people which was very useful. Belmullet and the mullet peninsula is very scenic and we visited some really nice spots. We will probably return to Belmullet in the future and if we do we will Definitely stay at Drom Caoin

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family