“A real winner!”
Review of Drom Caoin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmullet
Drom Caoin
Ranked #2 of 9 Belmullet B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“A real winner!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! Mairin and Jerry were perfect hosts, from telling us local legends over a delicious home-cooked breakfast, to helping us with washing. Our room was like our own flat with a little kitchenette and dining table. Rooms were confortable and roomy and bathrooms were good. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy56B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We spent one night at this B&B after a day of cycling in from Ballycastle. The room was clean and charming, and the bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly and accommodating to our early breakfast request as we had a long cycle ahead of us the next day. The breakfast was delicious (I switched things up from the traditional Irish Breakfast and decided to have the smoked salmon scrabbled eggs). I wish we had been visiting in the summer as there is a really neat tidal swimming pool a couple of blocks away.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Unfortunately we only spent one night in Belmullet in this B&B.
We spent the night in double room with en-suite bathroom which is in reality not a room. You have your own small kitchen, table and "living room". So you have much more space than you expect to have in a B&B. The owners are very nice and offered us tea at our arrival. They are also happy to give you a lot of information what to do in Belmullet and what to visit nearby.
The breakfast is just great. You can choose between fruits, cereals, eggs with salmon and of course the Irish breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed here last weekend and can't speak highly enough of the place. Very comfortable bed, ensuite, hot shower (shower gel provided!!), towels, hangers. I was only there for a night and I wanted for nothing. The breakfast was delicious (scrambled egg with smoked salmon, toast, fresh fruit, yoghurt, selection of cereals), and the family there were very warm while respecting my privacy at the same time. The front door has a code, so you can let yourself in however late you get back, without worrying about disturbing people.
I was meeting friends in the village, and was given all the directions and tips I needed.

I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Ireland
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have just returned from an overnight stay in Drom Caoin where my sister and I enjoyed the most comfortable experience we have ever encountered in a Bed and Breakfast. We arrived to the biggest welcome of welcomes - we were treated like long lost family! Tea and scones were offered on arrival and were absolutely delicious.
We were attending a wedding in the local hotel and Maureen kindly dropped us over the hotel (not a problem). That night I unfortunately experienced a little accident in that I sprained my leg. The following morning, once we informed Maureen, she quickly assisted me, providing ice cold towels to being the swelling down, cream to rub in and just 'motherly' advice on what to do! She knew the ins and outs of doctors in the area and advised us on what to do. To say that she went above and beyond for us would be an understatement and all with a caring smile (It was like she was helping her own daughter!).
She brought breakfast up to me since I couldnt walk all of which was yummy.
it was a home away from home and I am thrilled to see that in this day, places like this still exist. Why would anyone stay in a hotel when you can recieve such high quality service and a warm heart along with it at Drom Caoin.
Thanks Maureen and we will be seeing you again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank getawayIreland
McCormick, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Drom Caoin was having home away from home — a long way back in South Carolina. Our room accommodations were VERY comfortable. Mairin's breakfasts were fantastic. She helped make connections with distant relatives in east County Mayo and advised us about best time to meet up with them to accommodate their farm schedule. Even called them before we arrived in Ireland to set up a possible meeting. Arranged for our golf at amazing Carne golf course. Gave us help recharging our phones. Advised places in town to dine. Helped in every way possible to make our stay in County Mayo wonderful. Joan Stockton

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Outstanding in every respect. From the gracious and warm welcome to the spectacular accomodations. This is THE place to stay when in Belmullet. I have sampled B&B's on four continents and this was simply the best experience I have ever had! Mairin and Gerry's wealth of knowledge is at your call on a moments notice and they truly care about their guests (whom they treat as extended family). The breakfasts are spectacular; the beds are heavenly; the memories will last you a lifetime. Be sure to hike the hills and beaches available nearby. You will fall in love with this sleepy community. Thank you Mairin, you epitomize all that is beautiful in the Emerald Isle.

Room Tip: Loft suit is nothing short of phenominal!