“Simply Amazing”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Arrived with a hen party of 25, warmest of welcomes as we alighted the party bus!!! Hotel simply beautiful, all rooms decorated beautifully and spotlessly clean. Staff were hard to describe without sounding gushy - Doireen at reception was simply amazing- nothing was too much trouble. We were running late for our cocktail making class (our fault) meaning dinner would be delayed and platters of Sandwiches appeared to us in the bar. Great fun cocktail making with Pat. Went to the Barony restaurant for dinner which was so delicious, not one member of our group could say anything except that it was beyond their expectations. The waiting staff were attentive without being intrusive at both dinner and breakfast. Admission to the nightclub was included in the price and as the last stragglers were in the bar at the end of the night 2 more platters of sandwiches appeared. Members of the group who missed breakfast were offered the breakfast menu in the bar for no extra charge before we left. Over all its hard to sum up how great the hotel is other than to say I cannot wait to go back again and couldn't begin to recommend it highly enough I am unsure if the level of service can be topped anywhere in the country!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally comfortable
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
It was a pleasure having you all and we,re glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have congratulated Doreen and Pat ...as they say it's a team effort .
Belmullet is a fabulous town and there are some great people in it.
Many thanks and we would love to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Louisburgh, Ireland
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We really should have written this review ages ago, on the 31st Dec 2013 we had our wedding in the Talbot hotel and found the hotel and the staff to be AMAZING, we don’t use the term lightly but they were. From the first day we made contact with them right through until the day we and our family checked out.
We had two nights in the hotel, the 30th and the 31st of Dec. On our first night there we had a family dinner, where we were handed a personalised menu which made it all the more special. The service was efficient and effortless.
The Day of our wedding the staff of the hotel really went out of their way to truly make this special day the best day of our lives, concentrating their efforts NOT just on us but on ALL our family and guests, the topic of the conversation the next day revolved around ‘how great the hotel was.
The rooms in the hotel were beautifully decorated with each room having a different theme. It was pure luxury.
We simply can’t recommend this hotel highly enough, and especially for a wedding venue.
We can’t wait to get back there again….

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are amazing
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We are delighted you had such a fabulous couple of days. Your Wedding made New Years Eve a special day for all of us also and we had a great time.
The staff and kitchen team did an amazing job and were very proud of them, they wanted the best for you and it showed.
No surprise to hear that the team have won an AA Rosette this year, the first for Belmullet.
Thank you for your encouragement we will pass it on to all the team. We wish you both a long and happy life together!
Kiltimagh, Ireland
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Well what can I say about this hotel, absolutely amazing from start to finish. We arrived on Friday the 14th March for my sister's Hen & was greeted with the warmest & most enthusiastic welcome by Connie, even the Hotel owner was there to bring all our bags & the lots of accessories to our rooms!!! We ate both in the bar & restaurant over the weekend & the service & food was top class. I do have to mention a couple of members of staff, Connie on reception & Rachel & Monica in the Bar/Restaurant, absolute gems. As some of the girls were nursing sore heads in the mornings they weren't always up in time for breakfast but when they did eventually get up we were shown to the bar where we could have anything we wanted on the breakfast menu (which wasn't on the breakfast menu in the restaurant without any extra charge & they served breakfast up to 1pm) I don’t know any other hotel that would do that. I had been organising this weekend since January & all my communications with the Hotel were dealt with efficiently & promptly. Everything & anything we asked from them were met with “No problem at all”. I know all Hotels response would be the same but the staff in this Hotel are truly out on their own.
The rooms in the Hotel are opulent, outlandish, bright & very funky, so individual & unique.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone just on the staff & service alone!!

TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review it gives us all a great lift to know people appreciate our efforts, we try, we love what we do and its great you love it too.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is fabulous, it is very stylish and beautifully decorated through out. I went with a group of friends for a hen night and I can't praise the staff enough, they went out of their way to ensure we all had a wonderful stay. Our room was stunning, well maintained and extremely comfortable. Dinner was delicious, as was breakfast which we had in the gorgeous barony restaurant. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
TalbotHotel2011, Front Office Manager at Talbot Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Delighted to hear you all enjoyed the hen weekend. We are here to make sure you all have a great weekend from start to finish. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Went here for a hen night night on March 1 st , had a great time from start to finish . All the staff were brilliant including the dj Martin . The rooms are fab and the food amazing , can't recommend it highly enough , definitely will be back .

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for spending your hen weekend here with us in Belmullet. Its great to hear you enjoyed your night. It's always nice to get a bit of luxury before the big day and we are delighted you and your friends choose The Talbot to celebrate in style. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto Martain and also our kitchen staff. Looking forward to seeing you all back again soon.
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have stayed in this hotel a number of time and I cannot rate it highly enough. The room are decorated to a very high standard and are alway very clean and tidy. The food in the bar was excellent and I have never been disapointed. On my last stay when I was ordering food in the bar my waitress (young girl dark hair didnt catch her name) asked me what my room number was. Then in any of my interactions with her i.e. would you like another drink etc. she called me by name a very nice touch I thought.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted to hear that you choose to return to us on a regular basis and you find our rooms to be of a high standard. I shall also pass your comments onto our staff who always apprecitate receiving compliments. We hope to welcome you back to The Talbot Hotel again soon.
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 18 February 2014

€220 for a room in Belmullet is just too much, the food, room and hotel were excellent and the staff were very nice, I booked the room about 4 weeks in advance and thought I had got it for €120 which I thought was reasonable and in line with hotels in Westport and Castlebar. However reception explained that I had not availed of any special rate, I wasn't going to argue, just paid and left.

Room Tip: Ensure you confirm room rate!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I know we were in touch and explained the error at check out and discussed a refund with you. We thank you for being understanding on this matter and hope to see you back with us in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmullet
Broadhaven Bay Hotel
Connemara Sands Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ballyconneely
Stella Maris Country House Hotel
Leim Siar Bed and Breakfast

Been to Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!