All reviews four poster bed jacuzzi bath coffee machine crab claws seafood platter lovely bathroom beautiful hotel seafood bar bathrobes and slippers special occasion great attention to detail top class next morning food was amazing breakfast menu second to none last weekend
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We are on an Autumn break and just headed west. You cant go further than Belmullet. We had nothing booked and we spotted this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised when we entered our room . Such a beautiful spacious room decorated with opulence. It has a wonderful luxurious feel about it . Bathroom also pristine clean and spacious. We liked it so much that we stayed another night. We also had our dinner in restaurant. All staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Food was top class. We definitely recommend the Talbot and hope to stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I can see your the adventurous type and it's always nice to be pleasantly surprised along the way, many people are surprised to discover us in a small town, but it feel's good to be able to bring employment to the area that raised you. Belmullet is a great little town with friendly open people, surrounded by many beauty spots. Our staff are just an extension of this helpful nature around Erris.
Thank you for spreading the good word and we hope you get a chance to return soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

What a surprise. the décor is so unusual it will bring a smile to every traveller. Luxurious but yet comforting. Great location and a wonderful town to visit. Rooms excellent and the beds were top quality. Great food and very friendly, helpful staff

Room Tip: we had the 3rd floor and it was perfect
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for your short but sweet review,
We are delighted you enjoyed the food, room, staff and the town. We are a little undiscovered in Belmullet so thank you for spreading the good word.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

i stayed in the talbot with my mum, a christmas present from my husband! from the moment we arrived my mum was amazed, at the decor, lay out and especially the staff. on arrival i asked about mass times and directions to the local church for the next day. the lovely girl on reception told me, i said id have to ask her again in the morning as i would have forgotten! not 5 minutes later there was a knock on the bedroom door, she had taken the time to write down all the directions for me, as well as mass times and how long it would take to get there. so kind!
we had dinner in the restaurant, an amazing room! food was topclass as was service and staff. there was no dessert i fancied on the set menu (having a nut allergy also restricts my choices!) and the lovely waitress told me what was available on the a la carte menu let me choose from that, at no extra charge. Our only complaint was that we were so full from the delicious meal we were too lazy to walk down the town after!
the bedroom was beautiful, so different to the same generic style hotel bedrooms you get used to! lovely comfy bed, plenty of space, and probably the largest and nicest bathroom ive ever seen in a standard hotel bedroom
i honestly couldnt fault any aspect of our stay, the breakfast was lovely, cooked on demand to perfection plenty of everything.
my mum is already hoping to return soon!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sarahfrank
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

I'm delighted that your mother loved the hotel and I'm particularly pleased with the receptionist who took the trouble to help you out, that to me is the type of person we want working with us.
We hope you get a chance to return soon and thank you for spreading the good word it means a lot to us all.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of experiencing a wedding here just as the bank holidat in August began. This unique hotel has the best of luxury yet the homliness of their hospitality is 2nd to none. The seafood was amazing!! The bars were staffed with the nicest of people and the rooms are just top class. Not only that but all this situated on the Bay. Go left or right and gems of the majestic west and wild atlantic way wait for you to discover them. I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

We would be delighted to have you back, I'm sure you have much more to discover as I am still finding hidden gems i didn't know about before. I will pass on your compliments to our kitchen team and thank you for spreading the good word.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Belmullet on a Sunday to start 3 day tour of Sligo/Mayo/Galway section of the Wild Atlantic Way. Double rooms €70 and we stayed suite for €120.
Ate in the pub restaurant and such a busy spot! Reception advised & sorted table for us on check-in, Italian restaurant on site only opens Thurs-Sat. Amazing seafood/fresh fish selection and really great table service. Small wine selection.
Both rooms were spacious, immaculate with proper powerful showers Heaven!!
Great inexpensive spot in a truly beautiful part of Ireland

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

I'm glad you liked the seafood selection and food in general. Your right we have great showers, no water spared it was one of the things we decided was very important to get right along with the best beds we could source.
I suppose we do have a small wine selection, we used to have a far bigger selection but they just didn't sell well in Belmullet and holding wines for years we have adjusted it down but we will look at it again to see we have a good mix. I hope you enjoyed the local scenery and that you get a chance to return sometime.