“Out of this world”
Review of Bru Chlann Lir

Bru Chlann Lir
Ranked #3 of 9 Belmullet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here this week with my younger daughter as I was visiting my older daughter in Colaiste Uisce (which is less than 5 minutes drive up the road.)
Like the other reviewers I found Josephine to be an exceptionally warm host who treated me like royalty. The rooms are homely. My room had a large en suite with a great shower.
I had great quality sleep.The area is so quiet and silent.
The breakfast was very fresh and tasty and included a choice of cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurt, delicious bacon and black pudding.
The area is breathtaking and I am so glad I visited this incredible peninsula.I especially recommend the Loop walk at Erris Head.

Room Tip: Carraig Dubh has a lovely view and a roomy ensuite/shower
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This B&B is amazing! The rooms and bathroom were very roomy and clean. Josephine is a great host, providing a hot-cooked breakfast every day. This place is a bit out of town, so you might want a car if you would like to stay here, but it's perfectly situated if you want to explore Blacksod, Bellmullet or the beautiful beaches nearby. We had planned to have a late evening one night and I was worried about coming in late, but Josephine assured us that as long as we were considerate of other people if we came in after midnight, then there wouldn't be any problems. I loved Josephine's organization, as our room contained a binder with local attractions, restaurant, and taxi suggestions. There were also maps and brochures in the eating area. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to other people. I was sad to leave!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were visiting our daughter in Colaiste UISCE & made a weekend of it. Josephine & Margaret were fantastic. Tea/coffee scones with homemade jam on arrival. Breakfast was delicious. We visited the cliff tops at Carrowtigue which is along The Wild Atlantic Way - We drove to the Children of Lir Sculpture & walked along the cliff top. The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful. Eagle Island Lighthouse is also worth seeing. Josephine was very helpful, her recommendations for dinner were excellent she even lent us walking sticks which came in handy along the cliff top. Thank you for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mayoismagic
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Josephine Thank you for everything i will recomend your place to everyone we had a fantastic time, Rooms and nice and clean breakfast much better then in any restaurant.
Thank you and good luck for future i hope see you soon.

Gosia/ Pawel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had the good fortune of finding this place in the remote but lovely town of Belmullet. Not only were we greeted (after we arrived late) with scones and tea, our immaculate and well-appointed room had a view and was stocked with anything we might need for toiletries. The breakfast was a combination of self-serve cereals and fruits and a hot full Irish breakfast. Josephine was very helpful, and we also enjoyed her wit.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view. I'm not sure if all of the rooms have this.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Had a fantastic time beautiful scenery even had a trip to Innishkea island on Mattie and Josephine fishing boat. Will be returning very soon. Very close to Belmullet which is a quaint little village.Visited the Cairns golf club for a round of golf gorgeous links course use a golf buggy or take your trolley.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was made to feel most welcome, and have returned many times to always being made to feel relaxed and well looked after. We were welcomed with tea and scones, made to feel relaxed after our journey, then asked if there was anything we needed. Each of our rooms were luxurious, en suite and comfortable. In the moring after a fine peaceful sleep we were offered a good variety of things to eat for breakfast

Room Tip: Every room is very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends