“Lovely hotel beautiful views and friendly staff”

Broadhaven Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Belmullet
Lincolnshire uk
“Lovely hotel beautiful views and friendly staff”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed at the Broadhaven in January this year whilst in Belmullet for a family christening. I wanted to write a riview to express my thanks to all the staff who made our stay. The hotel has a lovely Spa where i enjoyed a lovely aromatherapy back massage and had my eyebrows waxed. We also took full advantage of the sauna and swimming pool on site. The front of house staff were friendly and helpful and all the food was beautiful especially the Irish breakfast. Although the hotel has a night club on site we never heard a thing. We stayed for two nights and ended up returning for a further two due to our flights being cancelled, the reception staff were especially helpful in print off boarding passes and checking airport information for us. Although i was upset at being separated from my daughter for a few more day until the next flight left i could not have wished for a nicer place to stay for my extended holiday. I will look forward to staying again when we come for a family wedding next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the beautiful bay
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sazzle2203

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
limerick
Reviewed 12 February 2013

If you are an engaged couple in County Mayo and are looking for a venue to host your wedding reception, you should go and visit the Broadhaven Bay Hotel In Belmullet, make a reservation with David to discuss the wedding packages available and before you leave, you will have decided this is the venue for you. My husband and I were completly blown away with this hotel from the very first day we met David and the staff. By choosing the Broadhaven, we bypassed some of the alternative hotel options which we could have chosen. This was the best decision we ever made. The service and attention we got on our wedding day could not be replicated anywhere else.

Every little detail was taken care of on the wedding day and in the lead up to the wedding, both David and other staff members were always on the other end of the phone, nothing was ever a hassle or a problem. We had a special request for an additonal Christmas tree and a 'Santa' appearance and again these were both arranged for. Josephine and David were super on the day, one didnt even have to ask, them for anything, as they had arranged for everything before you even thought of it.

The meal and service was top class, many of our guests had travelled from the south of Ireland to attend the wedding and they too commented on the excellent food and staff. A friend of ours who was at the wedding recently commented to a newly engaged friend of his that he should consider the Broadhaven for his wedding venue, despite it been 250kms away. This hotel has made a lasting impression on so many people. I know many of our friends have booked follow up stays at this hotel for both themselves and family members, they too could not get over the Mayo hospatility that was abundant in this venue.

We are forever grateful to David, Josephine and all the staff, you made our day the best it could ever have been and for that we are forever grateful.

Caroline & James Leahy - Newcastlewest, Limerick

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Crossmolina, Ireland
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a family wedding , location value for money and by far their best asset is their staff . I have to say the staff are excellent , they could not do enough for us .
The food is top class and the swimming pool was very clean also .
We will definately be back

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rageman
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I recently organised my sisters hen party in the Broadhaven Hotel in Belmullet for 47 of us and i cannot be more appreciative of the hotel management and staff. We were warmly welcomed by reception staff and nothing was a problem to them, we recieved 1st class service from the restaurant and bar staff and the rooms were very comfortable. Our meal was beautiful and we had a great selection of food to choose from. All the waitresses were very polite and nothing was too much! Also the breakfast staff were amazing as they let us have our breakfast a little later than we were ment to!! Again i would like to say a massive thank you to everyone in the hotel from management to reception, bar staff, restaurant staff and accomadation staff. Everyone is still talking about the weekend and i think most will definitely be back a some point to stay! Thanks, Laura Gibbons

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank gibbons775
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on 2 occassions now and would def recommend it to friends and family...Its in a beautiful setting...good value...staff are all very freindly and helpful..Bar food and breakfast was excellent and offered great choice....leisure facilities were lovely and clean...couldnt fault it for one second...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I was one of 47 ladies to visit the broadhaven bay hotel this weekend for my cousins hen party. We had the most welcoming, warm stay. This was facilitated by the excellent staff, who were extremely helpful and polite both at reception, the bar and in the restaurant. All 47 of us ate in the hotel restaurant, the food was delicious with an excellent selection to choose from. The service, again was brilliant with the ladies serving our table deserving a special mention as they were very polite and prompt throughout. I would 100% recommend the hotel for a stay in Belmullet for any occassion.Thanks very much to the management and staff for making our weekend one to remember.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Mayo100
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed here for a wedding recently, everything about the wedding was great but unfortunately, after I checked into my room, I leaned against the desk in my room and then found a large stain on my dress(which appeared to be a bleach stain). The desk was in the bedroom and not in the bathroom - I don't believe bleach(or cleaning products with bleach in them), should be used in the main part of the room.

Unfortunately I had nothing else to wear and had to wear this dress with the stain for the day. upon notifying he reception, they asked me my room number and said we will take a look. After this nothing else happened. They took my phone number when I was checking out, but I have heard nothing from the hotel. I would have expected some form of apology as I had to wear a stained dress all day and this was also a new dress, which I can never wear again.

Other then this, the Broadhaven is a fine hotel, the rooms are lovely, breakfast was great.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Mayo100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmullet
Talbot Hotel
#6 of 9 in Belmullet
Kilcommon Lodge Hostel
Kilcommon Lodge Hostel
#2 of 3 in Belmullet

Been to Broadhaven Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!