“An extraordinary find”

The Barony Restaurant at the Talbot Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Belmullet
Description: This restaurant has received 2 AA Rosettes.
Description: This restaurant has received 2 AA Rosettes.
Ashford, Kent
“An extraordinary find”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I recently holidayed in Co Mayo with some girlfriends and we went to the Talbot for dinner. We had a wonderful meal in beautiful surroundings. The service was particularly good. I was really surprised to fine such fine cuisine in a small town like Belmullet.

My only disappointment was that as a coeliac my choice of food was a little limited, as we had given them the heads up that I was coming I would have liked something other than fruit salad for dessert. But having said that I did have a really nice time and a lovely meal

• Visited August 2014
TalbotHotel2011, Manager at The Barony Restaurant at the Talbot Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2015
Thank you for your kind review. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

London, United Kingdom
“Really fine dining in a sumptuous setting”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We could not get rooms at the Talbot Hotel but were determined to eat there at least once and had the finest meal of two weeks of travelling in Ireland.
The dining room (upstairs in a beautiful boutique hotel) is amazingly decorated and furnished, we could see why they named it "Barony".
The food was beautifully cooked and presented, while the little quarter bottle of wine which was all I allowed myself as I was driving) was a great idea and very good. Everything is seasonal and local and delicious. For my main course, I had the special of the day - turbot served with prawns, and it was really wonderful. My companion also had a fish dish (sea bass, I think) and was thrilled with it.
The mains came with big dishes of well cooked vegetables, two types of potato, broccoli, delicious red cabbage, carrots....
Starters and puddings were equally delicious and well presented.
Service was classy as you would expect, although it was not at all stuffy.
I loved this place and will fight to stay at the hotel on my next visit so I can run riot through the wine list as well as the menu.
It was not cheap but I felt it was good value for money.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for your lovely kind review. I am sorry we did not have space to accommodate you on your trip but look forward to welcoming you back in the future. It is our aim to serve the freshest food and the widest choice, especially local produce and it is always lovely to receive nice comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your experience.