“Fishing in Ballina”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballina
The Rocks Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 19 Ballina B&B and Inns
Kildare, Ireland
“Fishing in Ballina”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I travel to Ballina once a year for salmon fishing for the past 10 years. I cannot recommend The Rocks enough. Bernie and Margaret always have a welcome and cup of tea ready when I arrive. Any room I have stayed in has always been comfortable. The food is great and the I really enjoy sitting in the gardens after a day on the river. It is also close to the town so this is handy for for eating in one of the restaurants or visiting a pub.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness centre.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank James C

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 15 October 2009

The Rocks in Ballina, Ireland, was recommended as "Fantastic" in the book Ireland for Dummies. Boy, they sure got the name of that book right! As an experienced b & b/guest house traveler in both Ireland and Scotland, I can honestly say this is the worst place I've ever encountered. It's just a cut above the most tawdry of youth hostels. Here's a little detail: our small room had no remote for tiny wall-mounted television, dirty glasses, a broken bathroom handle, lumpy beds, threadbare towels, one dirty washcloth, dead bugs in the clothes closet, and I could continue. To top it off, when I asked if I could have dark bread at the breakfast table, the "hostess" came back with some burned whitebread toast and said, "That's all I have for dark bread." Avoid this hell hole at all cost. They should be reported to the Irish Tourist Board and/or the health department.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
5 Thank JAF_9

Travellers are raving about these Ballina hotels

Remote
Reviewed 26 August 2008

If you want to leave with a chest infection or bites then stay here - otherwise stay clear.........a complete rip-off even if it's supposed to be cheap! No photos taken as wouldn't waste my film!

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — Arriving
  • Stayed August 2008
Donegal
Reviewed 19 July 2008

Travelled to Ballina for a family wedding in Bellek Castle. When we arrived at the B&B we were informed that we had to be out of the room by 10:30 and breakfast was extra early due to the owner having to take her daughter to a football match.

On entering the room the room was quite cold and the beds were very hard and uncomfortable

When we complained in the morning we found the owner to be very aggressive when i suggested that we were not happy and wished to pay €50 instead of the full €60. Other guests agreed and had the same complaints as us. She told us in a raised voice we were not welcome again and was quite intimatating towards us.

I would rather sleep on the street than stay there again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Owners Attitude
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family