“Wonderful !!”
Review of Market Kitchen - CLOSED

Market Kitchen
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Gastro-Pub overlooking the River Moy in Ballina, Co Mayo, serving the Freshest of Seasonal and Local Produce with Pride along the Wild Atlantic Way Best Restaurant in Mayo Award - 2014 & 2012 - Best Of Mayo Awards Best Customer Service in Mayo Award -2013- Irish Restaurant Awards Best Restaurant in Mayo - 2012 & 2011 - Irish Restaurant Awards
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I ate here 2 weeks ago with my family and wish I could eat here every week , we were told they had a special of belly of pork which I decided to go for without hesitating as I had it before and it was so tasty and tender, and was accompanied by a sweetpotato mash, turnip gratin, my husband had the same and was not disappointed, both our children has pizza with the eldest having a chicken wing pizza which is best of both worlds for her as she loves their wings and pizza so gets both !! . We decided to treat ourselves and had dessert with the tobelerone cheesecake a popular choice and I had selection of ice which as a special for that evening I was offered homemade red berry, salted Carmel and peanut and tobelorone cheesecake icecream, which were all beautiful but my favourite was the peanut one, staff were attentive and friendly to us but not in your face like some other places we have eaten. Cant wait for another reason to treat ourselves and return again.

4  Thank maeve76

Reviewed 25 May 2014

There are two parts to the Market Garden, restaurant upstairs and pub downstairs.
We ate in the pub which is nicely decorated in traditional wood style and has a nice long wooden bar. The food was very good traditional pub grub. The chowder is worth a mention.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and service speedy.
I does get busy with families and kiddies around 6.30.
Worth a visit if you are going through Ballina!

2  Thank Dtruth
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Disappointed that fire wasn't on as evening was very wet. Heard another group who came in say the same. Food was not hot. Had it been it would have been good.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

OMG once again our visit to this gem of a restaurant was fantastic choice of mains was great . I had the best piece of sea bass I've had for a long time cooked to perfection my husband had steak just as he likes it bloody and full of flavour our kids love seafood and swallowed two fab portions of crab claws which the had to protect from us as the were AMAZING. Can't wait to go back. Love it

3  Thank gormetgob
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Market Garden came recommended to us, so we called in on a Saturday evening, beautiful big pub with lots of seating. the service was great, my husband ordered the fish pie which takes longer but was well worth the wait, and their Sumo fries as something else.

2  Thank catken