“Great value, tasty food & good service”
Review of Market Kitchen - CLOSED

Market Kitchen
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Gastro-Pub overlooking the River Moy in Ballina, Co Mayo, serving the Freshest of Seasonal and Local Produce with Pride along the Wild Atlantic Way Best Restaurant in Mayo Award - 2014 & 2012 - Best Of Mayo Awards Best Customer Service in Mayo Award -2013- Irish Restaurant Awards Best Restaurant in Mayo - 2012 & 2011 - Irish Restaurant Awards
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went for a 2 couse meal each for €17.50 with one starter and one dessert in the bar. The portions were generous and the quality very good. The starter was potato skins which were very tasty. For main, I had fish and chips, while my partner had bangers and mash. Both were lovely, the fish & chips portion was exceptionally big. It was also gluten free - the menu was good for gluten free options and it was clearly marked. We also shared a dessert - a chocolate brownie which was lovely and served with a scoop and cream and ice cream. The service was friendly and prompt and food presentatiion was very good. I would eat there again and definiitely recommend it.

4  Thank gerrimac

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I ate here 2 weeks ago with my family and wish I could eat here every week , we were told they had a special of belly of pork which I decided to go for without hesitating as I had it before and it was so tasty and tender, and was accompanied by a sweetpotato mash, turnip gratin, my husband had the same and was not disappointed, both our children has pizza with the eldest having a chicken wing pizza which is best of both worlds for her as she loves their wings and pizza so gets both !! . We decided to treat ourselves and had dessert with the tobelerone cheesecake a popular choice and I had selection of ice which as a special for that evening I was offered homemade red berry, salted Carmel and peanut and tobelorone cheesecake icecream, which were all beautiful but my favourite was the peanut one, staff were attentive and friendly to us but not in your face like some other places we have eaten. Cant wait for another reason to treat ourselves and return again.

4  Thank maeve76
Reviewed 25 May 2014

There are two parts to the Market Garden, restaurant upstairs and pub downstairs.
We ate in the pub which is nicely decorated in traditional wood style and has a nice long wooden bar. The food was very good traditional pub grub. The chowder is worth a mention.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and service speedy.
I does get busy with families and kiddies around 6.30.
Worth a visit if you are going through Ballina!

2  Thank Dtruth
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Disappointed that fire wasn't on as evening was very wet. Heard another group who came in say the same. Food was not hot. Had it been it would have been good.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

OMG once again our visit to this gem of a restaurant was fantastic choice of mains was great . I had the best piece of sea bass I've had for a long time cooked to perfection my husband had steak just as he likes it bloody and full of flavour our kids love seafood and swallowed two fab portions of crab claws which the had to protect from us as the were AMAZING. Can't wait to go back. Love it

3  Thank gormetgob