The Mount Falcon Estate is confused! While it markets itself as "a Luxury 4 star Mayo hotel" it basically caters as a hotel for families. Probably an amazing place to bring the kids for vacation BUT if you are looking for a quiet subdued place that cushions you in luxury this isn't the place to choose..While the deluxe room truly has character and the bathrooms are great it's hard to just enjoy and relax when children are running the hallways till 10 at night (this- stopped after a phone call to reception) The deluxe rooms are over the reception and bar and on the same floor as the "kiddie play room" so the action was going till about 23-24 pm. (note the kiddie play room is open till 20:00 but kids were outside the room listening to loud movies at 23!)
The mattresses are not up to a 4 star hotel and in fact not a 3 star!
We left email messages from the web site to book a massage at the spa - they never returned to us but luckily we called just before we arrived and they had two spots left - please note the the massage was amazing.
Breakfast was just ok but we had more of a selection in a more simpler hotel and once again children were screaming and running around ( love kids but just didn't want to be around them these few days)
We definitely would recommend the clay pigeon shooting which was fabulous and the grounds are beautiful; We want to thank Veronica for all of her assistance she worked quickly to find solutions to some problems that arose. We would have loved it if we were paying average rates but at the price we paid we feel - wow - didn't justify the high price !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mount Falcon Estate lies by the banks of The River Moy ( the most prolific wild Atlantic Salmon river in Ireland ) between Foxford and Ballina ( The Salmon Capital of Ireland ). The Estate consists of a 4 star deluxe 32 bedroom hotel, Luxury lodges, fishing for wild Atlantic Salmon on its own stretch of the river Moy, a 3 acre rainbow trout stocked lake, a School of Falconry, 100 acres of mature woodland, a 3 km walking / jogging / biking trail, an Elemis Spa and Clay pigeon shooting. The house was built in 1876 and was a wedding present from one young groom to his new wife. The Estate was originally owned by The Knox family whose ancestors are buried in the circular graveyard next to a Megalithic tomb located on the Estate. Opened in 2006 Mount Falcon was the youngest ever hotel to win The AA Hotel of the year. In 2015 the Hotel was named the best Manor House Hotel in Ireland. The Hotels 'Kitchen Restaurant' holds 2 AA Rosettes and has received numerous awards for Best Hotel Restaurant in Connaught and The Best Head Chef in Connaught, the most recent award received was in 2015 for Best Chef in Connaught(by the Good Eating Guide). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mount Falcon Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Falcon Estate Hotel Ballina
- Mount Falcon Country Hotel
- Mount Falcon Country Ballina