My husband and I spent a night in Mt Falcon with our friends visiting from the States and had an amazing time. We received top notch service from the second we walked in the door until checkout, everyone was so nice and obliging and nothing was too much to ask. The lads went fly fishing on the lake which is on property and the girls had a facial in the lovely spa downstairs (which was great value for money when compared to other places). We had dinner in The Kitchen restaurant and I can honestly say I've never had better food, even in the Michelen starred restaurants in Dublin. Breakfast was lovely too - you can choose from a cold continental buffet or order from the menu. We took a walk amongst the grounds which are beautiful, and only wish we could have borrowed bikes from the onsite facility to explore the entire lot. I would definitely recommend this hotel for its service, rooms and food and think it is excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mount Falcon Estate lies by the banks of The River Moy ( the most prolific wild Atlantic Salmon river in Ireland ) between Foxford and Ballina ( The Salmon Capital of Ireland ). The Estate consists of a 4 star deluxe 32 bedroom hotel, Luxury lodges, fishing for wild Atlantic Salmon on its own stretch of the river Moy, a 3 acre rainbow trout stocked lake, a School of Falconry, 100 acres of mature woodland, a 3 km walking / jogging / biking trail, an Elemis Spa and Clay pigeon shooting. The house was built in 1876 and was a wedding present from one young groom to his new wife. The Estate was originally owned by The Knox family whose ancestors are buried in the circular graveyard next to a Megalithic tomb located on the Estate. Opened in 2006 Mount Falcon was the youngest ever hotel to win The AA Hotel of the year. In 2015 the Hotel was named the best Manor House Hotel in Ireland. The Hotels 'Kitchen Restaurant' holds 2 AA Rosettes and has received numerous awards for Best Hotel Restaurant in Connaught and The Best Head Chef in Connaught, the most recent award received was in 2015 for Best Chef in Connaught(by the Good Eating Guide). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mount Falcon Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Falcon Estate Hotel Ballina
- Mount Falcon Country Hotel
- Mount Falcon Country Ballina