“First class b&b, landlady could not do enough for us, nothing a problem”
Review of Quignalegan House

Quignalegan House
and 1 more site!
Quignalegan House
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Ballina
“First class b&b, landlady could not do enough for us, nothing a problem”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here for weekend with friends and family, Mrs padden was an amazing host, the breakfasts were to die for. Just out of walking distance of ballina but Mrs padden drove us to town herself. Would recommend this place to all and would have no hesitation in booking in again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Moss0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Owner Breege was extremely helpful and friendly. Although we had availed of a special no breakfast offer (we were at a wedding the day before and felt we may not need an early breakfast) on the day of departure she insisted we have a cup of tea before we left and appeared with scones, bread and toast 'just in case' and we were very glad she did! The smell of toast sparked a pang! Lovely quiet dark room gave a great sleep too. Perfect location just a few minutes out of the town of Ballina, plenty of parking and easy to find. Recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AilbheB
enniskillen, fermanagh
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Quiet location. beautiful breakfast. Near the town. Warm and comfortable. Affordablely priced for facilities. tea/coffee facilities in sitting room. Very clean and bedding clean and fresh. Well keep garden.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank shoreguesthouse
Cambridge, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 September 2012

It was very cold when we arrived, nice to come into a warm room. We had a large room with a view over rural land. Located about 1 km out of town which sited us as we prefer to have good on site parking which this had. Lovely breakfast and host.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Eastsound, WA
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was quite happy with my choice to stay here. It's not walking distance to anything, which could be a downside if you like going to pubs, for instance, but for a traveler with car wanting quiet, it's perfect. It's on a main road just a couple of miles outside Ballina, easy to find, but I heard no traffic noise. I arrived at same moment as a party of 4, but Breege greeted me by name and juggled us with grace. She kindly placed a phone call for me as my phone wasn't working, and gave clear directions to the 2 restaurants open in town on the Good Friday when I arrived. The room and ensuite bath was spotless, simple, and comfortable, some might think small but I thought it was just fine. Of several hot breakfast choices I think I had scrambled eggs, scones, fresh fruit. Photos of the couple and their children in breakfast room and lounge gave the place a very homey touch, as contrasted with the hostels I'd been staying in, and I was impressed by the little stack of Thank You cards from previous guests. The house seems neither brand-new nor ancient, but is very well-maintained and has a simple and charming ambience.

Room Tip: I would imagine that all the rooms are fine-- I only saw my own.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank OrcasWoman
Milton, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2012

A short drive to Ballina, County Mayo. Murphy Brothers was a great pub for food. The B&B was very nice, breakfast was very good and Breege was very helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Miltonites
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I may not be able to pronounce the name of the place *laugh* but Breege made us feel very welcome in this wonderfully appointed and comfortable B&B. Our room was spacious and had everything we needed including a bunch of information on things to do in the area. After welcoming and getting us settled Breege gave us a recommendation to a very nice pub/restaurant just down the road. Morning Breakfast was deliciously prepared with a fine selection of Irish breakfast favorites. The house is conveniently located and is a great base for the exploration of Ireland's often overlooked Northwest. Nearby Sligo and Donegal are wonderful places to experience the traditional Irish fishing based culture of the northwest where Irish Gaelic is still the primary language. I hope to be able to return here and spend more time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business