“A Real Gem”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Ballina
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A Real Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ideally situated to tour around the west of Irelend, this is a true gem. My wife and I booked late and so we were a bit apprehensive, but no need. Breege was the perfect host, friendly, efficient, and really cares for her guests. We cannot recommend this place highly enough. If (when) we return to Ireland, this will top of our list in offering the best value for money around. Excellent!

Room Tip: all rooms overlook countryside and are quiet but whatever you want just ask when you book.Breege was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bluetilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chemnitz, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed a night during our one-week round trip on the northern half of the Irish island and therefore, most B&B's were only places for sleep and then take off again. Breege and her nice comfortable house stayed in mind not only for the large room and great breakfast (pictures don't lie), but also for her special friedlyness as she sends me my forgotten watch to Germany.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anjalorenz
Twickenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Have recently stayed here for 10 days. What can I say. The best Guesthouse I have stayed in. Large front of the house room with en- suite bathroom. Very cordial welcome when I arrived.Breege cooks a fabulous traditional Irish breakfast. Eggs, sausages, black and white pudding, tomato, bacon and an assortment of bread in a basket. Of course you can start with a choice of 10 cereals or fruit. As I was salmon fishing I kept unsociable hours. Nothing was too much trouble. If I wasn't there for breakfast a packed lunch was prepared for me. Wish I had found this Guesthouse 20 years ago. Have already reserved my room for next year. Thanks Breege for being a fabulous host.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Steve H
Ballina, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here many times after a long journey from Dublin and everytime we arrived we got a lovely warm welcome from the lady of the house, Breege and her husband. I really can't fault this place. It's very clean, very quiet, very close to town and brilliant value for money, especially when compared to a well-known hotel that's located close by. The breakfast was great and we we're really made to feel at home at every visit. We shall definitely stay here again and I have recommended it to family and friends

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank tommynickamomo
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Arrived very late on Friday night to a wonderful welcome. Hosts were wonderful - chatty and knowledgeable about the area. Wonderful filling breakfast that set us up for the day! Would be very happy to stay there again if I am in the area

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here for weekend with friends and family, Mrs padden was an amazing host, the breakfasts were to die for. Just out of walking distance of ballina but Mrs padden drove us to town herself. Would recommend this place to all and would have no hesitation in booking in again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Moss0
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Owner Breege was extremely helpful and friendly. Although we had availed of a special no breakfast offer (we were at a wedding the day before and felt we may not need an early breakfast) on the day of departure she insisted we have a cup of tea before we left and appeared with scones, bread and toast 'just in case' and we were very glad she did! The smell of toast sparked a pang! Lovely quiet dark room gave a great sleep too. Perfect location just a few minutes out of the town of Ballina, plenty of parking and easy to find. Recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple