“Enjoy the company and food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Murphy Brothers Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a very nice place to just set back and enjoy the local people and fine food. We got in early and got a very nice seat then went to visit friends who also came in late for a snack. We all enjoyed the Bar.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stopped in here for dinner on a Sunday evening and it had a lovely local atmosphere. The food was top notch and service excellent. Close to the Ice House Hotel and would recommend this bar for really good bar food in the area.

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Visited here with my partner and son on a friday evening.
Menu choice is varied, if predictable. I had the chicken cordon bleu burger with polenta chips. The chicken had a breaded coating and stuffed with cheese and ham and while the chicken was cooked well the beaded coating was a mistake, soggy and unnecessary. The polenta chips were an interesting change and where nice and crispy but lacked some seasoning. My partner had a Niger which he enjoyed but the huge chunky chips were a little spoiled by the sweet chilli type sauce that they were covered in. My main difficulty lay where they brought my sons pizza out first (ages before our meals) so by the time our food arrived he had lost interest and wanted to go home. Service was a bit slow but noticed the wait staff look after both the Market Kitchen restaurant upstairs and down stairs in the bar.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

On the recommendation of one of the staff in our hotel we popped down to this lovely bar. The food was fantastic, the locals were welcoming, and the manager and his staff were very friendly and very efficient. definitely worth a visit. We will be back again and again!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

When I first went to Murphy's I had their delicious irish stew. I went 2 times this week and both times I was told they were sold out. I starting to wonder if their chef split. Any way I had the seafood linguine which was good. Yet it only came with 2 slivers of bread. When I asked for more bread it finally came when I had finished the linguine. They also charged me 3 euro for the bread. I'm not sure I'll go back.