Greenhill B&B
US$98
US$74
  • Breakfast included
Great National Hotel Ballina(Ballina)(Great Value!)
Ballina Manor Hotel(Ballina)
US$347
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbed and breakfasttown centrewalking distancehomemade marmaladefull irishone nightthe riverjosephine
Reviewed 7 February 2014

A very friendly, warm welcome from Josephine on our arrival. We were also asked would we like tea or coffee, which was a delightful surprise. Sadly declined as we were going for dinner. Spacious and Comfortably Warm bedroom with a very Clean en-suite with Toiletries. Plenty of hot water for showering. Superb mattress on the bed for comfort and slept really well and black out curtains which did not let in the light which is a bonus, so we felt ready for the next day after a good nights sleep. Greenhill Bed and Breakfast is in the town and you did not hear a sound. Really tasty breakfast and super porridge. Poached eggs were perfection. WIFI being a bonus for my son, which worked really well. When in Ballina, look for the Greenhill B and B sign.

Room Tip: I should think any are good as it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great location right behind the cathedral. Super clean rooms and breakfast was perfect. Good instructions and advice from the owner. Tea and fairy cakes on arrival was very welcome after our trip and the room was available immediately.. We would not hesitate to recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed at this B&B for one night and it will be the only night I will ever have stayed. When I checked into the B&B I had a friend with me who I was visiting. I was asked if there had been an error in booking. When I assured that there was no error and it was just a friend no more was said until the lady of the house knocked on my door and forced her way into the room past me. What followed was an angry tirade against me that I am not allowed have anyone else in the room, with the landlady even going so far as to say "Visit somewhere else". When I attempted to explain that I had not known and had not been informed that there was a policy on visitors to guests the landlady refused to believe me, stating that it is never allowed in B&Bs. When I informed her that I had not had any trouble the 2 previous times, in 2 separate B&Bs that I had stayed in in the area her response was "well that must be their policy". She refused to take any responsibility for her part in failing to notify me of their own policy. Her entire attitude was unfriendly, her immediate response being to launch into an angry tirade instead of politely enquiring if I had knowledge of their policy and I felt as though my guest rights and my privacy rights had been violated by her forced entry to the room I had paid for. On the whole I found the attitude displayed to be extremely unfriendly and it has been the darkest point of any of my trips to the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Visitor217
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed at Greenhill B & B last Saturday evening and were welcomed by the owner with a fresh fairy cake and cup of tea - a lovely touch. Our room was spotless and the position was brilliant - a stones throw from the town centre. Breakfast was delicious. We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast, very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I usually prefer to stay in Hotels but had the pleasure of staying here on my most recent trip to Ballina. The guesthouse is in the most ideal location right beside the town. Owner was extremely friendly and welcoming and the room and en suite was absolutely spotless. The breakfast in the morning was absolutely Delicious and the highlight of my stay, i would come back again just for another one! Would definitely recommend, this small guesthouse would put a lot of the hotels i usually stay in to shame, 5 star

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business