The Ice House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ocean Sands Hotel(Enniscrone)
1,411 results
All reviewshot tubthe riverchill spaon arrivalfloor to ceiling windowsriverside suiterelaxation roombartra suiteheritage suitespa treatmentsspa areaglass walloutdoor saunavoya productswooden bathmoy suitesteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Nice hotel! Spa was a little on the small side and could be bigger to accommodate the guests. Only one issue for us was that they said they were dog friendly and we didn't find that to be the case. We only booked because they were dog friendly, unfortunately the walls are paper thin especially in the bathroom and you can hear everything that the people upstairs are doing. We came back to be told that they had a number of complaints that our puppy had been barking, so the following night stayed in the hotel and checked on her every 15 mins.
I understand other peoples point of view because up until recently I was one of them who would of been annoyed but my point to the hotel is don't state that your pet friendly and then not have appropriate rooms located appropriately so that it won't affect other guests

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma S
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Myself and my husband stayed in The Ice Hotel recently for 2 nights, I was very much looking forward to it but it was disappointing. The rooms could do with an overall, there was some dirt marks on the throw over blanket on the bed, the side board was chipped and the windows could have been cleaner. The rooms were far too hot during the night as no air conditioning. The breakfast was limited, once the danish pastries and yogurts were gone you had to ask the waiting staff each morning to bring more even if it was half way through breakfast service. I asked for eggs benedict but as I do not like Broiche I asked if I could have it on sour dough bread but they only had white or brown sliced pan not even homemade bread. And the slice pan was not fresh. There was a small selection of fruit but nothing great. At dinner my Husband asked for a steak rare he got a very well done steak, when he pointed this out to the waitress we got no apology just both plates whipped away, mine stuck under a grill for 10 mins then given back to me. There is no pool and the out door area of the spa where the hot tub and sauna is situated is extremely limited. It was just over €500 for 2 nights and was a massive disappointment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Meegan2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here in the new year. I didn't write my review straight away because I didn't leave the hotel raving about it and I'm not sure if I'm being fair - hence the rating.

We stayed on a living & social voucher - I've always wanted to stay here, but found it quite expensive - so I was delighted to get a deal. If I'd paid full price, I'd have been disappointed.

The room was beautifully laid out and decorated. I love modern hotel rooms. However, I was disappointed as it needed a fresh lick of paint and a general update. The glass table had little cracks in it and one of the lamps was broken. These should be easy things to fix and not what I'd expect to see in a hotel of this calibre. The bathroom and bath was fab!

We had room service the first night and the food was superb. The next morning we had breakfast in bed, but the order wasn't correct. It was rectified quickly enough, but a bit annoying first thing in the morning. Plus no complimentary newspaper.

We went down for breakfast the second morning and we couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago with my partner for a wedding I was attending. There was a big mix up with our room reservation on arrival, we had booked the riverside room however at reception we were told that it was not the case (even though we had it in writing stating otherwise) we were made stay in a very old Victorian style room which was not to our taste at all. We had driven 3 hours from Dublin and were expecting a nice clean modern room the one which had booked online!! Also they made us pay the extra for the 'upgraded' old room which we 100% did not want to stay in however had no choice as the hotel was fully booked. I was very upset as we were made pay over €500 for a room we did not choose and got no compensation or apology from staff. They should of even not made us pay for the ridiculous upgrade we did not want! The only thing we like about this hotel was the food at dinner. I will not be returning to this Hotel and will not recommend to any friends after the way we were treated by staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LavenderLiving
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great hotel in lovely riverside location.
We were recommended to stay here by Irish friends. Without us asking, we were upgraded into a magnificent suite in the old section. We dined in the hotel and it was exceptional. Delicious.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. On checkout, the lovely lady asked our destination and when I asked for a suggestion as to where to stay, she rang, booked and got a free upgrade for us!
Can't ask for more!