Certain bar staff at this 3 star hotel were outstanding namely FLO, BRIAN and some auzzie fellow called SCOTT. If you get a chance to stay at this WELL run hotel a must, is seeing Scotty (Scott the barman) showing is party skills with beer shandy, while serving armagh clients.
The food at this hotel is very cheap and is good quality, although you do hear a lot of screaming from the kitchen while you are trying to enjoy your meal.
I personnally found the hotel manager very friendly, and his manners are a must see!
Be sure to pay a visit to the saturday night dance's, these usually start at 10pm and have an entry fee of 10 euros. This is one of the few place's in donegal were can enjoy a guinness poured the way it is mean to be. Another noticable quality is lack of smoke, and friendly clientel which, buy the way have a ready smile and all attractive to the eye.
Lastly when up at the bar be sur to ask for Matt Briton a prize winning bar man and one of Ireland's top surfers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Allingham Arms Hotel, named after a local 19th Century Poet, William Allingham is situated directly opposite the atlantic ocean on the beautiful coast of Bundoran, Co. Donegal. The hotel offers guests a unique experience in the superb seaside resort. The Allingham Arms hotel boasts two well equipped bars serving an extensive bar food menu and a high quality restaurant, serving delicious food. The hotel offers DVD hire with a choice of over 100 movies. Nightly entertainment is also provided where local and national entertainers perform. The Allingham Arms Hotel has been described as the “Capital of Country Music” with well-known acts such as Jimmy Buckley, Robert Mizzell, Mike Denver and Nathan Carter making regular appearances... we offer attractive packages and affordable rates, and as a family run hotel we are always willing to go "that extra mile" to make each guests stay an enjoyable one. Enjoy lazing in the beautiful surroundings, all of which are only a minutes’ walk away from the beach, town centre, Waterworld and numerous other amenities. Whether surfing, dancing or just simply relaxing, the Allingham Arms offers the guest the opportunity to make the most of their visit to the North-West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Allingham Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Allingham Bundoran
- Allingham Arms Bundoran Hotel
- Hotel Allingham Arms
- Allingham Arms Hotel Bundoran, County Donegal