“average hotel/good location”

Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Bundoran
Reviewed 23 August 2013

stayed two nights on a deal and found the hotel fairly good..having read some other reviews i think i must have been staying somewhere else..our room was spotless as was the bathroom the tv worker fine with about eight or so channels our room was serviced and cleaned ..we had a meal in the restaurant and it was fine..but at breakfast there is only one toaster and this causes long queues the easy answer here is simply get another toaster.....staff were very polite and hard working....the location is great right in the center of town and it is good value

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Went on a day out with my husband and 3 kids to bundoran. Went into the hotel at 5 o clock and ordered some food, whilst waiting we decided to book in and stay the nite. 6 o clock came no food 6:30 came no food , my kids were getting very impatient so I went to enquire what was the hold up to be told my order had not reached the kitchen!!!! After some panic our food arrived. My husbands burger was raw in the middle , both my daughters burgers the same the chicken bites were raw . I ordered a chicken n cheese toastie which came with ice cold chicken n cheese .Everything was sent back. So disappointing. Next morning breakfast was like a circus ! No organization whatsoever. I really could not wait to leave. I'm extremely disappointed with the Grand central hotel bundoran has I've stayed so many times and would always have recommend to my family and friends. I don't think I will ever be back.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank kt70_12
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Food absolutely terrible,seemed like everything was coming prepacked,our t,v did not work and we were there with two kids for a week,as far as I aware from talking to other guests ,not many tv,s worked at all,according to staff ,which may I add were lovely,saints to he even working there,said their had been ongoing problems since the change over to digital t.v ,my guess is that all new t,v,s need to he purchased and they really can't afford that,we have been going to bundoran for the last eleven years and stayed a in various locations,even in a mobile,where may I had we had a tv,but my god the grand central ,never ever again,our meals were all inclusive and it got to the point we would only eat a toastie sandwich,friends of ours came to join us for a night,they could not believe that soup could taste so bad,it was like as if you filled a day saucepan with boiling water and threw in a lump of cream,,people gave out and left all the time while we were there,the room was serviced once while we were there,one morning while we were having the breakfast,Dr guy that's works there stuck his fingers into the buffet and grabbed sausages and rashers in his hand,I waited one and a half hours circa chicken burger another night,believe I am not a fussy person,but definitely the grand central is far from grand,love bundoran though,and will go back again next year

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank frankie f
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed only one night. Rooms basic. Kettle only worked if you held it firmly in place. TV had one station watchable in black and white. Despite this had a great time as bar food good ambience good staff friendly and great entertainment. Bit overpriced for one night but as high season and bank holiday to be expected. Great location in center of town. Would definitely stay again. Just don't expect luxury.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Some of the staff here were very nice and others just looked disinterested. The hotel was dirty and you had to take a baby pram up and down steps to go in and out of the hotel before 12.30pm. Price wise this hotel isn't expensive, but in hindsight I would pay more to get better value elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jimmyam
Reviewed 18 July 2013

stayed here for five days not once was the room cleaned or beds changed when i inform reception they said why did u not tell us i thought this was procedure also states family friendly when there was rows every night toilets were also untidy and beer glasses sitting in hall ways all day from we went out until we came home the breakfast is not what they show on brochure dont know how they got 3 stars didnt care as long as they got youre money worked hard to get this break and this is how you be treated

Room Tip: stay away as fighting outside 4 nights out of 5
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pauline t
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed for two nights with two children aged 10 and 2. Unfortunately our room was facing the Main Street and we were woken on numerous occasions by loud music and even louder people coming out of pubs and not pleasent for the 2 yr old. This was no fault of hotel though but I would request a quieter room if we stayed again. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had bar food and we could not fault it. Great value hotel and very basic ie a 14" tv with 3 stations but beside everything. Breakfast wasn't lavish but basic cereal and fry lovely. We would definitely go back if we got a quieter room.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Patricia M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundoran
The Holyrood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
Bay View Hotel
Bay View Hotel
#2 of 2 in Killybegs

Been to Grand Central Hotel? Share your experiences!