“Excellent”
Review of The Holyrood Hotel

The Holyrood Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bundoran
Reviewed 24 February 2014

After buying on 'grab one' for uncles 50th getaway.... I immediately regretted it when I checked the reviews on here.
I have to say that the staff were so lovely, nothing was too much trouble for any of them from the receptionists, waitresses, cleaners, bar staff.... Each and every one who we had come across just couldn't be nicer.
The hotel itself was pleasantly clean, very nicely decorated and absolutely stunning new curtains in the hallways.
Bedrooms were quite spacious, clean, and although we had a view of the car park, other couples in our party had sea view rooms, which were equally as nice.

The food was delicious, although, unless you love soy sauce, do not order the vege stir fry. :-/ Of between 25-28 of us, not one person had a thing bad to stay about our stay. Would highly recommend, especially at this price.... And we personally, will be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Management321, Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Holyrood Hotel. We are delighted that you and all your group were satisfied with the hospitality and service you received at The Holyrood Hotel. Thank you very much for your kind words about our staff. We hope your uncle enjoyed his 50th Birthday celebrations with us.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I so enjoyed my stay here. The hotel from the outside is just oozing charm. I just loved it the minute I arrived. Lots of parking around the back (free for residents) and a great location in the heart of the town made my arrival really easy. The lobby area is really stylish - cosy, contemporary and completely welcoming. As were the friendly staff on the desk. My bedroom was perfect - with really nice views. I had everything I needed in the room. I was lucky enough to have a little time so I actually got to relax and unwind a bit in the leisure facilities - which are really great. I also managed to squeeze in a bit of pampering in the treatments rooms. Even though I had not booked in advance the lovely girl on reception sorted me out. All in all completely relaxing! I had dinner in the cosy bar - the food was really good. Just a lovely stay - I will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just spent another great weekend in the Holyrood . It was in January and the weather was not kind , but the hotel had music both nights so anyone who didn't wish to , didn't
have to leave the hotel.
Beautiful room overlooking the sea , which on this weekend was great to watch with huge waves lashing the cliffs .
Staff were as always friendly and very helpful , beautiful breakfast every morning , and what I like about the Holyrood all hot food served to you at the table , no standing around at a buffet , or making your own toast .
Overall a very relaxing weekend , cant wait to go back again , best Hotel in Donegal .

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the sea have a wonderful view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Went down for a couple of days break, bought as a treat from my boyfriend. Nice friendly staff who couldnt do enough for us. Our room was nice and had lovely views of the mountain on one side & sea on the other.
Very central location. Very reasonably priced for the two nights & the breakfast both days was excellent.
If I did have a gripe it was that there was only wifi in the lobby. Coming from northern ireland it would have been better to stay in touch & our TV was poor not getting channels properly but as we were out a lot these didnt matter too much :).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Management321, Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Holyrood Hotel. We are delighted that you were satisfied with the hospitality and service you received at The Holyrood Hotel. The Wifi is something we are hoping to extend to bedrooms in the near future.

We hope you return to the Hotel again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Electric kept going off not at all like the brochure rooms dingy and old staff were lovely but no perks that were advertised were present bed was small room located by slamming doors very disappointing that what was advertised did not match the actual room at all it was musty and overall a disappointment for what we paid for the room

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,
I am most disappointed to read your review. The Holyrood is a family run 3 star property with an excellent location in the centre of the pretty seaside resort of Bundoran. Our aim is to offer a warm welcome, comfortable rooms with excellent service & food at reasonable prices. It is not our policy to have patrons of the hotel leave unhappy with service & hospitality offered. We had a fault with the electrics in a small number of rooms during your stay and I can assure you that was a one of incident and has since been rectified.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your weekend with us.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here on a Grab one voucher and was extremely disappointed it was a present from my grandson for xmas, I wish he had keep his money, or gave me a one night stay in the Great Northern instead. As they are both owned by the same people I thought it would have the same standards. Unfortunately I was wrong. Nice enough lady on reception when we arrived, swift check in and details given, no ground floor rooms so used the lift to my first floor room. Room was a long walk down a cold dark long corridor, view was a car park. Noise from bar and night club across the street was unbelievable. Spent most of the time in Waterfront bar which has a nice atmosphere, girl working here was rude and unhelpful, but was replaced in the evening by a lovely lady Martina I think a real asset. Meal in the restaurant was fine and staff there were pleasant enough, breakfast was cold and staff were run off their feet waited ages on my tea which was only tepid when it arrived. I am aware that the voucher was bought at a very reasonable price had I paid full price I wouldn't have stayed to be honest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am most disappointed to read your review. The Holyrood is a family run 3 star property with an excellent location in the centre of the pretty seaside resort of Bundoran. Our aim is to offer a warm welcome, comfortable rooms with excellent service & food at reasonable prices. It is not our policy to have patrons of the hotel leave unhappy with service & hospitality offered. I can assure you I have taken all your comments on board and discussed them with the relevant management and staff.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your weekend with us.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This was our 6th time at the Holyrood in Bundoran we love staying here you are aways made welcome. The food is Excellent you are well looked after there is always something going on for Children although we went on our own as we are retired we just go there for a break and to be spoiled.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean we had Seaview and just watched the people coming and going would be happy to tell people about it.
We didn't use the Leisure centre this time but have in the past.
Will be returning in the future,
Ann Brian

Room Tip: We were on the first floor at the front so a bit noisy but we liked it if you want quiet then you ne...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Management321, Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundoran
Great Northern Hotel
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa
Sandhouse Hotel
Sandhouse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh

Been to The Holyrood Hotel? Share your experiences!